Lady Gaga's Performance Kills, Literally
By Melissa Daniels Posted Sep 13th 2009 11:00PM
VMA's night of performances, Lady Gaga took over the stage just like she'd been promising. She began her performance lying in the middle of the floor of an aristocratic and extravagant set, surrounded by dancers scantily clad in white. Slowly, and almost operatically, Gaga launched into a powerful arrangement of 'Poker Face,' and transitioned into her hit, 'Paparazzi.' Watch after the jump.
Not unlike Madonna and her infamous 'Like a Virgin' VMA show from two and a half decades ago, Gaga sang, danced and passionately flung herself about the stage. Channeling her cabaret and theater background, Gaga effectively used the same 'death by love' concept from the 'Paparazzi' video in the performance.
Showing off real vocal skill and putting on quite the graphic spectacle, the act culminated in Gaga hanging from the ceiling and smeared in fake blood. Now that's theatrics.
Gaga's had been hyped up by blogger Perez Hilton, who had described her performance as "next-level." Gaga herself had said, " I can't wait to go to the awards show and hopefully kick some ass."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Candace Cameron Bure Offers Advice to Dancing With the Stars Contestants
- Cara Delevingne Lands Starring Role Opposite Nat Wolff in John Green's Paper Towns Film Adaptation
- Adam Levine, Blake Shelton Gush About Gwen Stefani: "She's an Icon"
- Kendall Jenner Bullied By ?Cruel' Models During Fashion Week: ?Some Even Put Out Their Cigarettes In Her Drink!'
- Liza Minnelli recovering after surgery
- 'Fight Church:' Does modern Christianity feminize guys?
- Joan Rivers' clinic silent on report doctor took selfie with unconscious star
- Katherine Webb Is a Picture-Perfect Bride, Plus See Photos From Inside Her Dreamy Wedding!
- The 7 Absolute Things You Must Do Before Meeting Your Online Date for the First Time!
- John Travolta Responds to Gay Affair Rumors: "Sex Stuff Is Always Going to Be Interesting to Somebody"