Lady Gaga's Performance Kills, Literally
By Melissa Daniels Posted Sep 13th 2009 11:00PM
VMA's night of performances, Lady Gaga took over the stage just like she'd been promising. She began her performance lying in the middle of the floor of an aristocratic and extravagant set, surrounded by dancers scantily clad in white. Slowly, and almost operatically, Gaga launched into a powerful arrangement of 'Poker Face,' and transitioned into her hit, 'Paparazzi.' Watch after the jump.
Not unlike Madonna and her infamous 'Like a Virgin' VMA show from two and a half decades ago, Gaga sang, danced and passionately flung herself about the stage. Channeling her cabaret and theater background, Gaga effectively used the same 'death by love' concept from the 'Paparazzi' video in the performance.
Showing off real vocal skill and putting on quite the graphic spectacle, the act culminated in Gaga hanging from the ceiling and smeared in fake blood. Now that's theatrics.
Gaga's had been hyped up by blogger Perez Hilton, who had described her performance as "next-level." Gaga herself had said, " I can't wait to go to the awards show and hopefully kick some ass."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Rock Crazy Bell-Bottoms, Sexy Plunging Necklines: Check Out Their '70s Style!
- Raven-Symone Was Fat-Shamed As a Kid on That's So Raven: "I'm Seven! I'm Hungry!"
- Baby Daddy's Love Triangle Implodes! Watch Danny Come Clean to Ben About Riley
- Mia Farrow shares address of man who shot Cecil the lion on Twitter
- 'Queen of Versailles' star's daughter died of accidental drug overdose
- Matt Lauer's neighbors angry over 'Today' host's construction plans
- Rachel McAdams, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Keaton Tackle Church Sex Scandal in Boston in Spotlight Trailer—Watch Now!
- Vacation Review Roundup: A "Depressing Remake" or "Raucous Delight"?
- Will The Daily Show Be Different After Jon Stewart Leaves? Let New Host Trevor Noah Explain