Lady Gaga's Performance Kills, Literally
By Melissa Daniels Posted Sep 13th 2009 11:00PM
VMA's night of performances, Lady Gaga took over the stage just like she'd been promising. She began her performance lying in the middle of the floor of an aristocratic and extravagant set, surrounded by dancers scantily clad in white. Slowly, and almost operatically, Gaga launched into a powerful arrangement of 'Poker Face,' and transitioned into her hit, 'Paparazzi.' Watch after the jump.
Not unlike Madonna and her infamous 'Like a Virgin' VMA show from two and a half decades ago, Gaga sang, danced and passionately flung herself about the stage. Channeling her cabaret and theater background, Gaga effectively used the same 'death by love' concept from the 'Paparazzi' video in the performance.
Showing off real vocal skill and putting on quite the graphic spectacle, the act culminated in Gaga hanging from the ceiling and smeared in fake blood. Now that's theatrics.
Gaga's had been hyped up by blogger Perez Hilton, who had described her performance as "next-level." Gaga herself had said, " I can't wait to go to the awards show and hopefully kick some ass."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stanley Tucci, Felicity Blunt Welcome Baby Boy Matteo Oliver to "Cold, Cruel World": Read His Funny Statement
- Gavin Rossdale: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Ted 2 Trailer Debuts Online, Is Just as Crude and Funny as You'd Expect
- Jennifer Lawrence 'screamed' when she met Kim Kardashian
- Sean Penn: I would consider a marriage to Charlize Theron my first
- Jesse Ventura refuses to see 'American Sniper,' says Chris Kyle is no hero
- Is There Hope For Calzona on Grey's Anatomy? Jessica Capshaw on the Fate of the Fan-Favorite Romance
- Ted 2 Trailer Includes Semen Jokes, Civil Rights for Teddy Bears and So Much More: Watch Now!
- Tara Reid to Lady Gaga: "We Really Want You to Be in Sharknado 3"