Lady Gaga's Performance Kills, Literally
By Melissa Daniels Posted Sep 13th 2009 11:00PM
VMA's night of performances, Lady Gaga took over the stage just like she'd been promising. She began her performance lying in the middle of the floor of an aristocratic and extravagant set, surrounded by dancers scantily clad in white. Slowly, and almost operatically, Gaga launched into a powerful arrangement of 'Poker Face,' and transitioned into her hit, 'Paparazzi.' Watch after the jump.
Not unlike Madonna and her infamous 'Like a Virgin' VMA show from two and a half decades ago, Gaga sang, danced and passionately flung herself about the stage. Channeling her cabaret and theater background, Gaga effectively used the same 'death by love' concept from the 'Paparazzi' video in the performance.
Showing off real vocal skill and putting on quite the graphic spectacle, the act culminated in Gaga hanging from the ceiling and smeared in fake blood. Now that's theatrics.
Gaga's had been hyped up by blogger Perez Hilton, who had described her performance as "next-level." Gaga herself had said, " I can't wait to go to the awards show and hopefully kick some ass."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Schumer Dance on Billy Joel's Piano: Video
- Celine Dion Makes Emotional Return to Las Vegas Stage Amid Husband Rene Angelil's Cancer Fight
- Emily Ratajkowski Empties Out and Dishes to Us About What's In Her Bag
- 'Married to Medicine' star Jill Connors arrested for cruelty to children
- Will TLC's sex abuse documentary help network recover from scandals?
- Lucy Liu becomes a mom, shocks fans
- Paige's Boyfriend Writes Her a Super-Sweet Song (But She Isn't Having It)—Watch the Total Divas Bonus Clip
- Candis Cayne Tries to Figure Out If Caitlyn Jenner Is Attracted to Men or Women in I Am Cait Clip—Watch Now!
- The Real Housewives of New York City Reunion Shocker: Not a Fight, But a Snore