Lady Gaga's Performance Kills, Literally
By Melissa Daniels Posted Sep 13th 2009 11:00PM
VMA's night of performances, Lady Gaga took over the stage just like she'd been promising. She began her performance lying in the middle of the floor of an aristocratic and extravagant set, surrounded by dancers scantily clad in white. Slowly, and almost operatically, Gaga launched into a powerful arrangement of 'Poker Face,' and transitioned into her hit, 'Paparazzi.' Watch after the jump.
Not unlike Madonna and her infamous 'Like a Virgin' VMA show from two and a half decades ago, Gaga sang, danced and passionately flung herself about the stage. Channeling her cabaret and theater background, Gaga effectively used the same 'death by love' concept from the 'Paparazzi' video in the performance.
Showing off real vocal skill and putting on quite the graphic spectacle, the act culminated in Gaga hanging from the ceiling and smeared in fake blood. Now that's theatrics.
Gaga's had been hyped up by blogger Perez Hilton, who had described her performance as "next-level." Gaga herself had said, " I can't wait to go to the awards show and hopefully kick some ass."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Drone Catches Monk Sunbathing on 240-Foot Rhode Island Wind Turbine: Crazy Video, Photos!
- Josiah Duggar Celebrates 19th Birthday Amid Brother Josh's Treatment Center Stay
- Kourtney Kardashian Bonds With Son Reign As Scott Disick Parties With Kylie Jenner and Tyga
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- MSNBC cuts back on Katrina coverage due to Brian Williams?
- Marine asks Ronda Rousey to Marine Corps Ball
- Robin Wright & Ben Foster Split and Call Off Their Engagement Again
- Caitlyn Jenner and Candis Cayne Meet With a Matchmaker in I Am Cait Sneak Peek—Watch Now!
- Tila Tequila Kicked Off Celebrity Big Brother Over Past Hitler and Nazi Holocaust Comments, Then Apologizes