Lady Gaga's Performance Kills, Literally
By Melissa Daniels Posted Sep 13th 2009 11:00PM
VMA's night of performances, Lady Gaga took over the stage just like she'd been promising. She began her performance lying in the middle of the floor of an aristocratic and extravagant set, surrounded by dancers scantily clad in white. Slowly, and almost operatically, Gaga launched into a powerful arrangement of 'Poker Face,' and transitioned into her hit, 'Paparazzi.' Watch after the jump.
Not unlike Madonna and her infamous 'Like a Virgin' VMA show from two and a half decades ago, Gaga sang, danced and passionately flung herself about the stage. Channeling her cabaret and theater background, Gaga effectively used the same 'death by love' concept from the 'Paparazzi' video in the performance.
Showing off real vocal skill and putting on quite the graphic spectacle, the act culminated in Gaga hanging from the ceiling and smeared in fake blood. Now that's theatrics.
Gaga's had been hyped up by blogger Perez Hilton, who had described her performance as "next-level." Gaga herself had said, " I can't wait to go to the awards show and hopefully kick some ass."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kelly Clarkson Sings Amazing Duet Medley With Jimmy Fallon: Video
- The Bachelor Women Tell All Recap: Kaitlyn Confronts Chris Soules, Britt Blames Carly for Elimination
- Taran Killam, Whoopi Goldberg Defend Saturday Night Live's ISIS Sketch With Dakota Johnson
- 'CSI: Cyber' has pushed Patricia Arquette's paranoia 'over the top'
- George Strait mourns loss of 'great friend' to country music Kent Finlay
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The Bachelor Women Told All Tonight, and We Fell In Love In A Way We Never Expected
- Amber Portwood Is Engaged to Boyfriend Matt Baier: ''I Never Thought I Could Find Another Man That Could Make Me Feel Love Again''
- Kelly Clarkson Doesn't Worry If Daughter River Rose Is a Lesbian: "As Long As She's Happy, I Don't Care"