Lady Gaga's Performance Kills, Literally
By Melissa Daniels Posted Sep 13th 2009 11:00PM
VMA's night of performances, Lady Gaga took over the stage just like she'd been promising. She began her performance lying in the middle of the floor of an aristocratic and extravagant set, surrounded by dancers scantily clad in white. Slowly, and almost operatically, Gaga launched into a powerful arrangement of 'Poker Face,' and transitioned into her hit, 'Paparazzi.' Watch after the jump.
Not unlike Madonna and her infamous 'Like a Virgin' VMA show from two and a half decades ago, Gaga sang, danced and passionately flung herself about the stage. Channeling her cabaret and theater background, Gaga effectively used the same 'death by love' concept from the 'Paparazzi' video in the performance.
Showing off real vocal skill and putting on quite the graphic spectacle, the act culminated in Gaga hanging from the ceiling and smeared in fake blood. Now that's theatrics.
Gaga's had been hyped up by blogger Perez Hilton, who had described her performance as "next-level." Gaga herself had said, " I can't wait to go to the awards show and hopefully kick some ass."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Selma Blair on Playing Kris Jenner in American Crime Story: "I Don't Have Enough Good Things to Say About Her"
- Macklemore Shares Sweet Pic Napping With His Baby Girl: "There Is Nothing Better"
- Evan Ross' Sweet Birthday Message to Wife Ashlee Simpson
- Demi Lovato poses fully nude, makeup-free in emotionally raw photos
- Tori Spelling reveals she had sex with Jason Priestley
- 'Real Housewife' star Jill Zarin in car accident
- Hillary Clinton Returns to Saturday Night Live With a Message for Donald Trump—Watch Now!
- Tori Spelling Takes the Ultimate Lie-Detector Test: 5 Most Shocking Revelations From the Beverly Hills, 90210 Star
- Newlyweds Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Are the Perfect Match in Black at The Leftovers Premiere