Lady Gaga's Performance Kills, Literally
By Melissa Daniels Posted Sep 13th 2009 11:00PM
VMA's night of performances, Lady Gaga took over the stage just like she'd been promising. She began her performance lying in the middle of the floor of an aristocratic and extravagant set, surrounded by dancers scantily clad in white. Slowly, and almost operatically, Gaga launched into a powerful arrangement of 'Poker Face,' and transitioned into her hit, 'Paparazzi.' Watch after the jump.
Not unlike Madonna and her infamous 'Like a Virgin' VMA show from two and a half decades ago, Gaga sang, danced and passionately flung herself about the stage. Channeling her cabaret and theater background, Gaga effectively used the same 'death by love' concept from the 'Paparazzi' video in the performance.
Showing off real vocal skill and putting on quite the graphic spectacle, the act culminated in Gaga hanging from the ceiling and smeared in fake blood. Now that's theatrics.
Gaga's had been hyped up by blogger Perez Hilton, who had described her performance as "next-level." Gaga herself had said, " I can't wait to go to the awards show and hopefully kick some ass."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Steve Jobs Movie Cast Finalized With Michael Fassbender, Seth Rogen
- Blink-182's Tom DeLonge Slams Band Drama on Facebook, Says Their Relationship Is "Poisoned"
- Bruce Jenner Has New Plump Lips: Pictures
- Blake Shelton to make movie debut in Adam Sandler Western spoof
- Former 'Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta' star Benzino arrested at airport for having loaded gun in bag
- 2015 Super Bowl ads hot or not? Puppies, Kardashians, ex jocks, oh my
- Gwyneth Paltrow Advocates $50 Vagina Steams: "It Is an Energetic Release—Not Just a Steam Douche"
- Battle of the Bulges: David Beckham Weighs In on Justin Bieber's Underwear Ads
- Tommy Hilfiger Basically Recreates Behati Prinsloo's Wedding with Adam Levine-Lookalike for Spring 2015 Campaign—See the Pics!