Megan Fox Says, Deep Down, All Actors 'Are Insecure'
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 14th 2009 08:09AM
Megan Fox keeps with her tradition of not letting an interview go by without producing a head-scratching quote. In what's sure to make Meryl Streep sit up and take notice, Fox tells Matt Lauer on 'The Today Show' that women in Hollywood have insecurities driving them to succeed. See the Interview and Fox Maneater Clips After the Jump
Fox was appearing to promote 'Jennifer's Body,' which just premiered over the weekend at the Toronto Film Festival. When Matt Lauer turned away from the movie talk to focus on Fox's recent statements of insecurity and self-loathing, Fox was unleashed.
"I think that all actors are pretty insecure. I think that's what drives us into this business is that insecurity," Fox told Lauer.
Lauer asked Fox about the best part of her fame. "That you feel blessed and lucky to have any success in this business because it's so hard for people to achieve it. I feel undeserving of it because I was involved in something that was so much bigger than I was," said the actress.
The worst part of fame? "The lack of anonymity which is a hard thing to describe to people. When your privacy is taken away or when people are picking apart everything you say and do and judging it judging everything you say and do, it's tough to live in that space. It's basically like you are always in high school. You never get out of high school. Hollywood is a giant high school."
Megan Fox Snapshots
Actress Megan Fox attends the 'Jennifer's Body' press conference during the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival on September 11, 2009 in Toronto, Canada. See more Megan Fox photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stars slam Sony for spiking 'The Interview'
- Kellie Pickler: I'm not ready to have kids
- How 'Star Wars' nearly ruined Natalie Portman's career
- 'Funniest Commericals of the Year' Hits 10th Anniversary, Adds Host Gabriel Iglesias
- Jim Carrey: I'd Love a Role in the New Batman Films
- Watch Craig Ferguson Grill Replacement James Corden: "What Do You Do for a Living?"
- 15 Movie Mistakes From Your Favorite Sequels
- Best of Late Night TV: Jimmy Kimmel's Proposal and Lady Gaga's Advice From A Stripper (VIDEO)
- Sony Pulls 'The Interview'