Whitney Says Bobby Brown Spit On Her
Houston, now 46, says that she was "horrified" when brown spit in her face, and that she was "very hurt, very angry" by the incident.
She also said that she slipped into a drug-induced spiral because she "had so much money and so much access to what I wanted. I didn't think about the singing part anymore. I was looking for my young womanhood."
Houston goes on to say that Brown "was very much the father, he was very much the man. He was very much in control. I liked that. When he said something, I listened. I was very interested in having someone have that kind of control over me. It was refreshing." She called Brown her "drug," saying: "I didn't do anything without him. I wasn't getting high by myself. It was me
and him together. We were partners."
The pop star says her drug use became "heavy" after her 1992 hit movie and soundtrack for 'The Bodyguard.' She tells Winfrey that she used to smoke marijuana that was laced with cocaine. "You put your marijuana, you lace it, you roll it up and you
smoke it," Houston told Winfrey.
Houston is currently in comeback mode with the successful release of her first album in seven years, 'I Look to You.'
Winfrey told Access Hollywood the interview "will leave you gasping," adding, "She does not blame her ex-husband Bobby Brown and she takes full responsibility for her engagement in drugs."
"At one point she says, 'I didn't get out of my pajamas for seven months'. She talks about doing the drugs and sitting in the house and the two of them going, 'What are we doing?'"
Evan Agostini, AP
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
- Is The New 'Bachelorette' Engaged?
- NBA Star Reportedly Asks Court To Delay Divorce During Playoffs
- The 13 Best TV Episodes To Celebrate Summer
- ?Fast & Furious 6?: That ending! THAT ENDING! (SPOILERS)
- ?Arrested Development': Five episodes to watch to get ready for Sunday
- ?Fast & Furious': 10 take-aways after an all-day franchise marathon
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1M to Oklahoma Tornado Relief
- Randy Jackson Visits Air Force Base, Debuts New Guitar Collection
- Star-Studded PSA Shines Spotlight on Global Water Crisis