'Dirty Dancing' Star Remembers Swayze
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 15th 2009 07:32AM
Actress Jennifer Grey, who played Frances "Baby" Houseman, alongside the late Patrick Swayze in 'Dirty Dancing' recalls how much fun the two had on set together. "When I think of him, I think of being in his arms when we were kids, dancing, practicing the lift in the freezing lake, having a blast doing this tiny little movie we thought no one would ever see," Grey told PEOPLE.
"Patrick was a rare and beautiful combination of raw masculinity and amazing grace. My heart goes out to his wife and childhood sweetheart, Lisa Niemi, to his mom, Patsy, and to the rest of their family," she added.
Grey, 49, says Swayze was a "real cowboy with a tender heart," and that "it was not surprising to me that the war he waged on his cancer was so courageous and dignified."
Remembering Patrick Swayze
Actor Patrick Swayze has died at the age of 57 after a nearly two-year battle with pancreatic cancer. Look back at the highlights of the beloved star's life >>>
Getty Images / Lionsgate Home Entertainment / AP / Paramount / Everett Collection
Stephen Lovekin, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lena Dunham makes molestation joke, apologizes and adds 'women can have a lot of joke flexibility'
- Justin Bieber struggles with vocabulary, curses at court reporter during deposition
- '19 Kids and Counting' stars: We won't kiss until marriage
- Filmart: Record Number of European Sales Companies Attending
- Philip Seymour Hoffman Film 'God's Pocket' Gets U.K. Deal
- MTV Movie Awards: Mark Wahlberg to Receive Generation Award
- 'The Book Thief': Geoffrey Rush, Emily Watson Behind the Scenes (VIDEO)
- Box Office: What's the Secret to 'The Grand Budapest Hotel's Grand Success?
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One