'Dirty Dancing' Star Remembers Swayze
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 15th 2009 07:32AM
Actress Jennifer Grey, who played Frances "Baby" Houseman, alongside the late Patrick Swayze in 'Dirty Dancing' recalls how much fun the two had on set together. "When I think of him, I think of being in his arms when we were kids, dancing, practicing the lift in the freezing lake, having a blast doing this tiny little movie we thought no one would ever see," Grey told PEOPLE.
"Patrick was a rare and beautiful combination of raw masculinity and amazing grace. My heart goes out to his wife and childhood sweetheart, Lisa Niemi, to his mom, Patsy, and to the rest of their family," she added.
Grey, 49, says Swayze was a "real cowboy with a tender heart," and that "it was not surprising to me that the war he waged on his cancer was so courageous and dignified."
Remembering Patrick Swayze
Actor Patrick Swayze has died at the age of 57 after a nearly two-year battle with pancreatic cancer. Look back at the highlights of the beloved star's life >>>
Getty Images / Lionsgate Home Entertainment / AP / Paramount / Everett Collection
Stephen Lovekin, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Yeahhhh Jetes! Model girlfriend Hannah Davis says she's the stay-at-home type
- Billy Bob Thornton says there is a 'prejudice against the South' in Hollywood
- Nudity riders: How much skin an actor shows spelled out beforehand
- Cannes Critics' Week Unveils Lineup
- Beijing Film Fest: Chis Dodd Presents Prize to Film Workshop Winner
- Joss Whedon Releases His Latest Film via Vimeo for $5 (Video)
- ?Girl Meets World': You won't believe which ?Boy Meets World' alum is returning now
- Miss America Nina Davuluri sticks up for suspended high school student
- ?Turn' react: It's Jamie Bell's show after all
- 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes': 5 Things We Learned About the Simian Sequel
- Box Office: Why Did Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Flop?
- Weekend Box Office: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Again, 'Transcendence' Disappoints