Michelle: Discussing Heath Felt 'Unsafe'
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 15th 2009 12:15PM
Michelle Williams finds it hard to talk about Heath Ledger -- her former fiance with whom she has a daughter named Mathilda -- who tragically died early last year. "I didn't know what my boundaries were for a long time, which made interviews feel very unsafe. I can talk about grief, because that's mine; about single parenting; about trying to balance work and kids. But what I don't have to talk about is what happened between Heath and me in our relationship," she tells Vogue in the October issue. More Inside
Michelle in Vogue
"Brokeback Mountain' was an unrepeatable moment in time, a very charmed time in my life. I was in love; I was in a movie I was proud to be a part of, and with a beautiful brand-new baby. Everything was good in that moment," Michelle Williams says in an interview with Vogue where she talks candidly about coping with her ex-fiance Heath Ledger's death.
Coping after Ledger's untimely death: "I was holding it together by a string and a paper clip in the fall and winter. I didn't know if I could keep it all together... You console yourself by saying it's all a deepening process. But it's wired. After the first year, the pain is less intense; it's less immediate. But the magical thinking goes away too. And that's a whole new reckoning. But every time I really miss him and wonder where he's gone, I just look at [Mathilda.]"
The happy times: "'Brokeback Mountain' was an unrepeatable moment in time, a very charmed time in my life. I was in love; I was in a movie I was proud to be a part of, and with a beautiful brand-new baby. Everything was good in that moment."
Dealing with the paparazzi presence: "It's because of this tragedy that there's more paparazzi. That is hard to be graceful and understanding about... It's hard to be the man and the woman in that [paparazzi] situation. Heath always used to do that for us."
Falling in love: "I thought falling in love again was the only thing that was going to save me from the pain. This erroneous idea: It just makes things more complicated."
What the future holds: "I feel hopeful and grateful. For a while I thought we had lost everything. It makes you want to love better and live better."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Tori admits hasn't had sex with Dean since scandal broke
- Man given suspended jail sentence for stealing Peter Frampton's luggage
- Discovery Cancels 'Everest Jump Live' After Avalanche Deaths
- Box Office (Specialty): Woody Allen a Big Draw in 'Fading Gigolo' Despite Scandal
- Box Office: 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Launches Overseas to Massive $47 Million
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during ?Hedwig' performance
- PopWatch Planner: ?Parks and Rec' finale, ?The Blacklist' big episode, ?John Oliver' premiere, and more
- James Franco and other celebs who just can't stand criticism
- Weekend Box Office: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Again, 'Transcendence' Disappoints
- The 101 Best Sports Movies of All Time
- 'The Normal Heart' Trailer: Mark Ruffalo Speaks Out (VIDEO)