'Dancing' Couple Still Friends After Split
"We were friends for 14 years, before anything else. It will always remain this way. It's not difficult. We both think the world of each other," she added.
The 'Dancing With The Stars' couple broke up after being engaged for eight months.
As for Maks she adds: "Nothing has changed. Everything is great."
Smirnoff and Chmerkovskiy met on 'Dancing With the Stars' and started dating in October of last year. Then, just a few months later on New Year Eve, he popped the question. They planned on getting married in June 2010.
Pacific Coast News
Astrid Stawiarz, Getty Images
Brian Ach, Getty Images
Jordan Strauss, FilmMagic
Isaiah Trickey, FilmMagic
Frank Micelotta, Getty Images
Mike Coppola, WireImage
MORE ABOUT Karina Smirnoff
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Karina Smirnoff Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kendra Wilkinson: Being on TV Helped Heal My Marriage to Hank Baskett
- Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara Handle Racist, Sexist Fantastic Four Interview Like Pros: Watch Their Responses
- Bindi Irwin Gushes About Her New Boyfriend Chandler Powell: "He Is Passionate About Wildlife"
- British singer and TV host Cilla Black dies at 72
- Charlize Theron adopts second child, a baby girl
- Brown vs. Houston family feud is just beginning, Bobby's sister vows
- Travi$ Scott Arrested at Lollapalooza 2015 After Allegedly Telling Fans to Jump the Barricades
- Zoolander 2 Teaser Trailer Is Released and Is So Hot Right Now—Watch!
- Ashley Hamilton's BBQ Goes Up in Flames (Literally!): Watch the Fiery Stewarts & Hamiltons Clip Now!