'Dancing' Couple Still Friends After Split
"We were friends for 14 years, before anything else. It will always remain this way. It's not difficult. We both think the world of each other," she added.
The 'Dancing With The Stars' couple broke up after being engaged for eight months.
As for Maks she adds: "Nothing has changed. Everything is great."
Smirnoff and Chmerkovskiy met on 'Dancing With the Stars' and started dating in October of last year. Then, just a few months later on New Year Eve, he popped the question. They planned on getting married in June 2010.
Pacific Coast News
Astrid Stawiarz, Getty Images
Brian Ach, Getty Images
Jordan Strauss, FilmMagic
Isaiah Trickey, FilmMagic
Frank Micelotta, Getty Images
Mike Coppola, WireImage
MORE ABOUT Karina Smirnoff
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Karina Smirnoff Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Married to Medicine Star Jill Connors Arrested After Allegedly Cutting Herself With a Knife, Blaming Husband
- Miley Cyrus Says She's Not in a Relationship Despite Stella Maxwell Kissing Photos
- Tyga Walks Out of Bank Holding Giant Stack of Hundred-Dollar Bills: Photo
- MSNBC cuts back on Katrina coverage due to Brian Williams?
- Marine asks Ronda Rousey to Marine Corps Ball
- FOX411's star snaps of the day
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Breaks Down Over Father's Health Scare in Kendra on Top Clip—Watch Now!
- See Zendaya's Perfect Response to Internet Trolls Who Called Her Parents Ugly
- Julianne Hough Shares Close-Ups of Her Flawless Engagement Ring—Plus, an Expert Weighs In!