'Dancing' Couple Still Friends After Split
"We were friends for 14 years, before anything else. It will always remain this way. It's not difficult. We both think the world of each other," she added.
The 'Dancing With The Stars' couple broke up after being engaged for eight months.
As for Maks she adds: "Nothing has changed. Everything is great."
Smirnoff and Chmerkovskiy met on 'Dancing With the Stars' and started dating in October of last year. Then, just a few months later on New Year Eve, he popped the question. They planned on getting married in June 2010.
Pacific Coast News
Astrid Stawiarz, Getty Images
Brian Ach, Getty Images
Jordan Strauss, FilmMagic
Isaiah Trickey, FilmMagic
Frank Micelotta, Getty Images
Mike Coppola, WireImage
MORE ABOUT Karina Smirnoff
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Karina Smirnoff Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- American Idol Picks Top 3 Finalists in Hometown Visit Week -- Read the Recap!
- Andy Cohen Reveals the Most Famous Person He's Had Sex With ? And It's Lance Bass!
- Kaley Cuoco Grants Terminally Ill Fan's Wish, FaceTimes With Her: "I Just Had to Connect With Her"
- Darren Criss trying to move past 'Glee' days with new Broadway role
- 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron' ending explained
- Big Bird was almost on Challenger space shuttle, documentary reveals