Michael Jackson's Mom Receiving $86K Monthly from King of Pop's Estate
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 18th 2009 06:12AM
Michael Jackson's mother and the singer's three children are being well taken care of, financially speaking. Court documents released Thursday in Los Angeles show that Katherine Jackson is receiving $86,804 per month from her son's estate to support herself and her three grandchildren, PEOPLE reports. A judge approved the payments last month.The documents state that Katherine, 79, had been financially dependent on her son during his life, and that for years, Michael had paid for all her living expenses at the Jackson family's Encino, Calif., home.
Lawyers for the singer's estate also estimated his total assets exceeds $500 million, and that future business agreements bearing Michael Jackson's name could generate "tens of millions of dollars."
Katherine Jackson has been named permanent guardian of the three grandchildren. All four are primary beneficiaries under the singer's will, including some unnamed charities.
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Puddle of Mudd frontman Wes Scantlin accused of DWI, fleeing police in Minnesota
- Box Office Top 20: 'Ant-Man' beats 'Pixels' by a tentacle; 'Southpaw' outclasses 'Paper Towns'
- Hulk Hogan thanks fans for their support after being released from WWE contract
- Robin Williams' Work Highlighted in New Video
- Hilaria Baldwin Says Baby Rafa Is Getting ‘Really Chubby'
- What Will Happen to Bobbi Kristina's $20-Mil Fortune?
- Chace Crawford Dating Blood and Oil Costar Rebecca Rittenhouse — See Photos and Get All the Details From His B-Day
- Empire Costars Grace Gealey and Trai Byers Engaged - All the Proposal Details!
- Victoria's Secret Angels Fly to Rome to Shoot Holiday Campaign: Get a Sneak Peek at the Sexy Photos to Come!