Video: Arrr You Into Great Movie Pirates?
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 19th 2009 12:00AM
He's drunk, stranded on a makeshift raft and is itching to hear a "little French ditty." He's Captain Red, and it's a good thing Frog is there.
Captain Jack Sparrow
'Pirates of the Caribbean'
It's the role Johnny Depp was born to play.
Before there was Depp, there was Errol Flynn, the originator of the classic movie pirate.
Long John Silver
Played by Robert Newton in the classic flicks.
'Muppet Treasure Island'
Taking the place traditionally set aside for a parrot, Polly stepped in as Lohn John's trusty companion.
Captain John Hook
Played with panache by the incomparable Dustin Hoffman.
Captain Teague Sparrow
'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End'
It should have been a gimmick, but instead it became the best part of the confusing film to have Keith Richards play Depp's dad.
Steve the Pirate
'Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story'
What if the hit Ben Stiller movie was actually about poor Steve, that guy (played by Alan Tudyk) who dresses like a pirate?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- 'Star Trek's' Uhura Stopped at LAX After Companion Found With Meth
- Video Released of Moments Before Sarah Jones' Death on 'Midnight Rider' Set
- Ted Beniades, an Undercover Cop in 'Scarface,' Dies at 91
- 'Grimm' Star Bitsie Tulloch Thinks These 5 Supernatural TV Dramas Are Totally Worth Watching
- 'Nightcrawler' Review: One of the Best Movies of the Year
- The 31 Best Action Movies on Netflix Right Now