Video: Arrr You Into Great Movie Pirates?
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 19th 2009 12:00AM
He's drunk, stranded on a makeshift raft and is itching to hear a "little French ditty." He's Captain Red, and it's a good thing Frog is there.
Captain Jack Sparrow
'Pirates of the Caribbean'
It's the role Johnny Depp was born to play.
Before there was Depp, there was Errol Flynn, the originator of the classic movie pirate.
Long John Silver
Played by Robert Newton in the classic flicks.
'Muppet Treasure Island'
Taking the place traditionally set aside for a parrot, Polly stepped in as Lohn John's trusty companion.
Captain John Hook
Played with panache by the incomparable Dustin Hoffman.
Captain Teague Sparrow
'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End'
It should have been a gimmick, but instead it became the best part of the confusing film to have Keith Richards play Depp's dad.
Steve the Pirate
'Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story'
What if the hit Ben Stiller movie was actually about poor Steve, that guy (played by Alan Tudyk) who dresses like a pirate?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rose McGowan: Racy Rolling Stone cover almost drove her from acting
- Vin Diesel unrecognizable In 'The Last Witch Hunter'
- Miss America Kira Kazantsev kicked out of sorority for hazing
- Telenovela 'Queen of the South' Lands Pilot Order at USA (Exclusive)
- TruTV Finally Turns Its Back on Court Roots With October's Comedic Rebrand (Exclusive)
- Pharrell Designs Leather Bags
- Robin Williams' Mork spacesuit is going up for auction
- Ana Gasteyer apologizes to (and cooks with) Martha Stewart
- A New Paula Deen Documentary Tells Her Side of the Downfall
- The One With the 'Friends' Supercut in Honor of its 20th Anniversary (VIDEO)
- WATCH LIVE: Antoine Fuqua and Chloe Grace Moretz Talk 'The Equalizer'