Video: Arrr You Into Great Movie Pirates?
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 19th 2009 12:00AM
He's drunk, stranded on a makeshift raft and is itching to hear a "little French ditty." He's Captain Red, and it's a good thing Frog is there.
Captain Jack Sparrow
'Pirates of the Caribbean'
It's the role Johnny Depp was born to play.
Before there was Depp, there was Errol Flynn, the originator of the classic movie pirate.
Long John Silver
Played by Robert Newton in the classic flicks.
'Muppet Treasure Island'
Taking the place traditionally set aside for a parrot, Polly stepped in as Lohn John's trusty companion.
Captain John Hook
Played with panache by the incomparable Dustin Hoffman.
Captain Teague Sparrow
'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End'
It should have been a gimmick, but instead it became the best part of the confusing film to have Keith Richards play Depp's dad.
Steve the Pirate
'Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story'
What if the hit Ben Stiller movie was actually about poor Steve, that guy (played by Alan Tudyk) who dresses like a pirate?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tops Labor Day, summer box office
- FBI, Apple begin inquiries into nude celebrity photo leaks
- Carrie Underwood announces she is pregnant with her first child
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: One Guy vs. Three Women
- China Box Office: Monkeys Do The Business as ?Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Rules Supreme
- Focus World Acquires Julianne Moore's 'Maps to the Stars'
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by ?The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story'
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- Summer Box Office 2014: What Went Wrong?
- The Cast of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Does the Baby Groot Dance (VIDEO)
- What Makes a Great TV Series Finale?