Video: Arrr You Into Great Movie Pirates?
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 19th 2009 12:00AM
He's drunk, stranded on a makeshift raft and is itching to hear a "little French ditty." He's Captain Red, and it's a good thing Frog is there.
Captain Jack Sparrow
'Pirates of the Caribbean'
It's the role Johnny Depp was born to play.
Before there was Depp, there was Errol Flynn, the originator of the classic movie pirate.
Long John Silver
Played by Robert Newton in the classic flicks.
'Muppet Treasure Island'
Taking the place traditionally set aside for a parrot, Polly stepped in as Lohn John's trusty companion.
Captain John Hook
Played with panache by the incomparable Dustin Hoffman.
Captain Teague Sparrow
'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End'
It should have been a gimmick, but instead it became the best part of the confusing film to have Keith Richards play Depp's dad.
Steve the Pirate
'Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story'
What if the hit Ben Stiller movie was actually about poor Steve, that guy (played by Alan Tudyk) who dresses like a pirate?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Duran Duran files lawsuit accusing fan club of breach of contract
- Diane Keaton and Michael Douglas bond while filming 'And So It Goes'
- CBS says new 'Late Show' host Stephen Colbert to keep show in NYC
- ?Teachers' Actress Signs With APA (Exclusive)
- 'Better Call Saul' Unleashes Albuquerque Billboard, Real Phone Number for Fake Lawyer
- Zoe Saldana Shines in Gold on The Hollywood Reporter's Comic-Con Cover
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- John Boyega is 'Aiming' for a Marvel Movie Role
- Dan Aykroyd Assures Us That 'Ghostbusters 3' Will Start Filming Next Spring (VIDEO)
- This Is What 'The Purge: Anarchy' Would Look Like In Canada