Coldplay Not Living La Vida Lawsuit
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 22nd 2009 08:48AM
Coldplay's song 'Vida La Vida' has finally ended. Guitarist Joe Satriani sued the band in December, claiming the band copied "substantial, original portions" of his 2004 song, 'If I Could Fly' in its Grammy-winning hit. According to the Associated Press, a federal judge in Los Angeles dismissed the copyright infringement case at the request of attorneys for both sides.
Compare the two songs in this video.
No details about an agreement were included in court filings, other than each side would pay its own legal costs.
Coldplay snagged a Song of the Year Grammy for the track earlier this year. Satriani's complaint of plagiarism was the third claim against the band - New York band Creaky Boards has said 'Vida La Vida' resembles their track, 'The Songs I Didn't Write' and claims Coldplay singer Chris Martin has heard their song performed live. Also, a month after the band told a federal court that it did not copy parts of Joe Satriani's music, Cat Stevens (aka Yusuf Islam) accused Coldplay of basing the song on his 1970s track 'Foreigner Suite.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?New Girl' renewed for season 5 by Fox
- Trevor Noah's tweets called 'anti-Semitic,' 'sexist;' Comedy Central stands behind new 'Daily Show' host
- 'Britain's Got Talent' execs afraid of host's wardrobe malfunctions?
- Exclusive! Joe Giudice Describes Teresa's Life in Prison, Her Beauty Regimen and More
- Go Gold! Get Rumer Willis' ?Dancing with the Stars? Sexy Samba Beauty Look!
- Extra Scoop: Comedy Central Defends 'Daily Show' Replacement Trevor Noah
- Daytime Emmy Nominations 2015: The Talk, The Young and the Restless, Alison Sweeney Lead Nominees -- Find Out the Rest!
- Valerie Bertinelli Gives Eric Stonestreet Major Side-Eye at Van Halen's Kimmel Show -- Watch
- Julianne Moore Fired From Turkey Tourism Gig for "Poor Acting"