Coldplay Not Living La Vida Lawsuit
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 22nd 2009 08:48AM
Coldplay's song 'Vida La Vida' has finally ended. Guitarist Joe Satriani sued the band in December, claiming the band copied "substantial, original portions" of his 2004 song, 'If I Could Fly' in its Grammy-winning hit. According to the Associated Press, a federal judge in Los Angeles dismissed the copyright infringement case at the request of attorneys for both sides.
Compare the two songs in this video.
No details about an agreement were included in court filings, other than each side would pay its own legal costs.
Coldplay snagged a Song of the Year Grammy for the track earlier this year. Satriani's complaint of plagiarism was the third claim against the band - New York band Creaky Boards has said 'Vida La Vida' resembles their track, 'The Songs I Didn't Write' and claims Coldplay singer Chris Martin has heard their song performed live. Also, a month after the band told a federal court that it did not copy parts of Joe Satriani's music, Cat Stevens (aka Yusuf Islam) accused Coldplay of basing the song on his 1970s track 'Foreigner Suite.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies after parachute accident
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Lisa Robertson reveals more family sex abuse
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?John From Cincinnati' is not on HBO Go or Amazon Prime, and it should be
- tUnE-yArDs channels ?Pee-Wee's Playhouse' for ?Water Fountain' music video
- The Terrifying Thing Gwyneth Paltrow's Alleged Stalker Keeps Doing
- Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Wife Files for Separation
- Wedding News! Jodie Foster Marries GF Alexandra Hedison
- The Other Woman Cast Is a Modern-Day 90s Girl Group: Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, Kate Upton Coordinate Outfits
- Tori Spelling: I Thought Dean McDermott and I "Had a Very, Very Good Sex Life"
- Diane Keaton Still Friends With Woody Allen After Sex Abuse Scandal: "Nothing's Going to Change That"