'Good Wife' a Good Alternative to 'Leno'
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 22nd 2009 09:51AM
'The Good Wife' is shaping up to be the must-see fall TV offering, with glowing reviews, a stellar cast and a plot about a trod-upon politicians wife that has that "ripped from the headlines" glow.
Julianna Margulies plays Alicia Florrick, whose dirtbag husband (Chris Noth), an Illinois politician, was caught being corrupt and unfaithful. Sound familiar? Think Patti Blagojevich, paired with a side of Silda Spitzer and a dash of Elizabeth Edwards.
The first episode even includes the all-too-familiar scene of a glum-faced wife standing beside her man in a press conference. Then comes the most deserved and brutal slap of the TV season. (Watch the clip.)
But that's just the prelude. The show is really about how Margulies' character is forced to dive back into her long-abandoned legal career in order to provide for her family.
Margulies is being universally praised in reviews from the New York Times, to the Baltimore Sun, to the Philadelphia Enquirer.
Premiering tonight at 10 p.m., 'The Good Wife' looks to take away some of Jay Leno's primetime viewers. Will you be watching?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dancing With the Stars Week 6 Recap: Rumer Willis, Val Chmerkovskiy Perform a Sexy "Bootylicious"
- Nick Loeb Defends His Lawsuit Against Sofia Vergara: "I Have Always Dreamed of Being a Father"
- Liza Minnelli Exits Rehab, Is All Smiles While Dining at Lisa Vanderpump's Restaurant ? Details
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty to threatening to kill
- ?Jurassic World' trailer hits the web
- All three members of Migos hip-hop group arrested after concert