'Good Wife' a Good Alternative to 'Leno'
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 22nd 2009 09:51AM
'The Good Wife' is shaping up to be the must-see fall TV offering, with glowing reviews, a stellar cast and a plot about a trod-upon politicians wife that has that "ripped from the headlines" glow.
Julianna Margulies plays Alicia Florrick, whose dirtbag husband (Chris Noth), an Illinois politician, was caught being corrupt and unfaithful. Sound familiar? Think Patti Blagojevich, paired with a side of Silda Spitzer and a dash of Elizabeth Edwards.
The first episode even includes the all-too-familiar scene of a glum-faced wife standing beside her man in a press conference. Then comes the most deserved and brutal slap of the TV season. (Watch the clip.)
But that's just the prelude. The show is really about how Margulies' character is forced to dive back into her long-abandoned legal career in order to provide for her family.
Margulies is being universally praised in reviews from the New York Times, to the Baltimore Sun, to the Philadelphia Enquirer.
Premiering tonight at 10 p.m., 'The Good Wife' looks to take away some of Jay Leno's primetime viewers. Will you be watching?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Macklemore Admits to Drug Relapse, Blames Fame: "I Just Wanted to Escape"
- Bachelorette Kaitlyn Bristowe Shows Off Her Blinging Engagement Ring: See the 3.5-Carat Stunner
- Bachelorette Britt Nilsson Congratulates Kaitlyn Bristowe on Finding Love: "A Woman I Am Happy to Call My Friend"
- Keith Richards documentary, solo album debut same day
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen pondering 'Fuller House' role, Netflix boss says
- ABC's David Muir and NBC's Lester Holt neck-and-neck
- This Game of Thrones Casualty Just Joked About Her Death Way Too Soon...And It Is Not OK!
- Girl Who Has to Choose Between Holding a Toddler and Catching the Bouquet Chooses Poorly
- The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn Reveals Why She Dumped Nick Mid-Proposal: "I Didn't Really Want To"