Road Report: Brooke White's First Day on Tour With Michael Johns
We kicked off this shindig of a tour at the Glasshouse in Pomona on September 17th. If I am being completely honest, I hadn't a clue that Pomona existed until days before the show. As I walked into the venue for the first time, it almost resembled a roller rink with high ceilings and a stage in the corner. All the instruments had been set up and we were nearing our first sound check. We'd been camped out in rehearsals for days [prior] to the show, but this would be the first time that we could actually hear each other. I finally felt the excitement of the band playing together, the power of amplified sound and the rumble of the bass that I could feel through the heels of my bare feet on the stage. I sat in Benton Paul's sound check and was reminded of his unbelievable talent and pure voice, and was so happy that he was joining us on this tour.
Quite frankly the first day of the tour was off to a bumpy start. Long, ridiculously embarrassing story short, I ran over my beloved iPhone just before the Hollywood Borders in-store performance. I won't get into it -- it's really to hard to explain and or really understand, for that matter -- but it was a real bummer and I was phoneless, textless, Internetless, and Twitterless for over 24 hours. Though I was going through serious withdrawals, I also found it fairly therapeutic to take a mini vacation from technology and be in the here and now. It made me realize how addicted I am to my Apple products, and made the conclusion that I could use a little balance.
Alright, so where was I ... Oh yeah, kind of a rough start. I had also poured black beans down my long flowery skirt at lunch and dropped a plate all over the floor at Baja Fresh. Seriously, I was turning into a scene from 'Pure Luck.' If this was any sort of indication or foreshadowing of what was to come at show time, I was getting a little nervous. However, I had found that my mom and dad and little bro Quinn were traveling from Arizona to be at the show and that gave me a boost of comfort and excitement. As a matter of fact, though the turn out for Pomona has not been our biggest, it was the quality more than the quantity. We all had the incredible support of our loved ones with us at this show -- family, friends, spouses, our team and even Mr. Randy Jackson made the trip. Seriously good people we've got around us. Dave was there, of course, cheering me on and trying to calm me down, as usual!! All in all it was a good first show. Getting to be back on stage again with a band and now playing our own material to our great fans, who were there singing along to every word, was a beautiful and surreal experience.
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Anita Baker sued by lawyer who claims she owes him money
- Country trio Lady Antebellum's adult sound on new album '747'
- ?Sons of Anarchy' star Theo Rossi names another show that made him cry
- That ?Tetris' movie you always wanted is finally happening
- New Banksy artwork appears in English seaside town
- Jennifer Lopez and Leah Remini Recall Their Scary Car Accident
- Find Out How to Date ?Walking Dead' Star Lauren Cohan
- Anti-Aging Tips for Twenty-Somethings! What You Should Start Doing Today
- Couple Leaves Waiter a $100 Tip for Bad Service; See George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin's First Wedding Photo: Top 5 Stories
- Ben Affleck Goes Full Frontal in Gone Girl, Jokes His Penis "Looks Better in 3-D!"
- Sofia Vergara, Joe Manganiello Go On Double Date With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum -- See the Hot Pics!