Tucker Max Enjoys Beer, Loathes Being Compared to Spencer Pratt
By Mike Hess Posted Sep 23rd 2009 09:40AM
Tucker Max's 'Hell' Crew Visits PopEater
'I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell' scribe Tucker Max's visit to our studios included everything one would presume such a meeting would: Lots of swearing, gaseous emissions and a few tense reporter-versus-Tucker staredowns. Check Out the Pics >>>
Ben Trivett, Popeater
Ben Trivett, Popeater
After hearing Mr. Max tell PopEater that he always expected fame and a movie (out this weekend), and the "only shock is that it took this long. I know greatness when I see it," a bell went off in our head that we'd done an interview like this before. "I should hook you up with Spencer Pratt. You two would get along well," we told Tucker, which was met with a UFC-style staredown. Pure rage seethed in his eyes, as his pal and movie co-writer Nils Parker blurted out: "He's going to beat you with that one!"
Tucker, after about 20 seconds of silence as we explained it was his confidence that caused the correlation, told us that "it's going to be a very different interview now. I'm coming after you now."
"I think Spencer Pratt looks like a cross between Gizmo and an Ewok ... with no talent," Parker said, lightening the mood.
Aside from a few (cliched and pedestrian) insults that Tucker tried slinging at us after the Pratt fiasco, he went on to say that
he brought Parker on as a co-writer for the film because he "needed someone who was as funny, a better writer and someone who had no emotional attachment to what happened" in the lurid, booze-and-sex filled stories that propelled him to blog, book and now movie fame.
Thanks to Max's stories, which often involve him bedding (or trying to bed) women with less-than-gentlemanly tactics, his reputation precedes him and led to protests at colleges where his movie was screened. Poster ads for the movies were even banned in Chicago. But is all press good press? "Sure, spell my name right, and we're fine. We were on the front page of Fox News. It wasn't because of me, it was because of the nutjobs protesting. On the other hand, it's kind of disturbing in a way because the basic tenor of their protests is I'm a misogynyst, I hate woman, I promote anti-woman sentiments. That's crazy to me because I love women, I do everything to impress women, and not only that -- half of my fans are women."
Max concludes that if he "was anti-woman, there wouldn't be so many women buying my book, seeing my movie. And the protesters admit in these news stories that they've never read my book, they're just trying to promote their own agenda. You can call me an asshole or a c---sucker or even Spencer Pratt, but they're saying I promote rape culture. You don't want that word to be associated with you. Even if it's bulls---, come on."
So, there it is -- don't call Tucker Max a rapist ... or Spencer Pratt. "You found the chink in my armor with that one," he tells us with a bit of sadness. "Spencer Pratt is a talentless f----- hack and I'm a best-selling author."
It'll be OK, Tucker.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jeremy Roloff Marries Audrey Mirabella Botti: Little People, Big World Wedding Photo
- Polly Bergen Dead: Actress and Singer Dies at 84
- George Clooney Will Wear Giorgio Armani Tux to Wed Amal Alamuddin
- New Shocker: Bruce Jenner Appears To Wear Spanx For Golf Outing SEE The Jaw-Dropping Photos
- Kim's Worst Nightmare: Racy Naked Selfies Of Kardashian Leak Online
- Polly Bergen, versatile actress, singer dies at 84
- Report: Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger are splitting up
- Lady Gaga says she's 'very happy' and sober
- 6 Things We Were Obsessed With While Watching Beyoncé and Jay Z's On the Run HBO Special
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana Pole Dances at the Airport With Husband Marco Perego—See the Hilarious Video!
- Little People, Big World Star Jeremy Roloff Marries Audrey Botti—Get the Details on Their Farm Wedding!