Tucker Max Enjoys Beer, Loathes Being Compared to Spencer Pratt
By Mike Hess Posted Sep 23rd 2009 09:40AM
Tucker Max's 'Hell' Crew Visits PopEater
'I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell' scribe Tucker Max's visit to our studios included everything one would presume such a meeting would: Lots of swearing, gaseous emissions and a few tense reporter-versus-Tucker staredowns. Check Out the Pics >>>
Ben Trivett, Popeater
Ben Trivett, Popeater
After hearing Mr. Max tell PopEater that he always expected fame and a movie (out this weekend), and the "only shock is that it took this long. I know greatness when I see it," a bell went off in our head that we'd done an interview like this before. "I should hook you up with Spencer Pratt. You two would get along well," we told Tucker, which was met with a UFC-style staredown. Pure rage seethed in his eyes, as his pal and movie co-writer Nils Parker blurted out: "He's going to beat you with that one!"
Tucker, after about 20 seconds of silence as we explained it was his confidence that caused the correlation, told us that "it's going to be a very different interview now. I'm coming after you now."
"I think Spencer Pratt looks like a cross between Gizmo and an Ewok ... with no talent," Parker said, lightening the mood.
Aside from a few (cliched and pedestrian) insults that Tucker tried slinging at us after the Pratt fiasco, he went on to say that
he brought Parker on as a co-writer for the film because he "needed someone who was as funny, a better writer and someone who had no emotional attachment to what happened" in the lurid, booze-and-sex filled stories that propelled him to blog, book and now movie fame.
Thanks to Max's stories, which often involve him bedding (or trying to bed) women with less-than-gentlemanly tactics, his reputation precedes him and led to protests at colleges where his movie was screened. Poster ads for the movies were even banned in Chicago. But is all press good press? "Sure, spell my name right, and we're fine. We were on the front page of Fox News. It wasn't because of me, it was because of the nutjobs protesting. On the other hand, it's kind of disturbing in a way because the basic tenor of their protests is I'm a misogynyst, I hate woman, I promote anti-woman sentiments. That's crazy to me because I love women, I do everything to impress women, and not only that -- half of my fans are women."
Max concludes that if he "was anti-woman, there wouldn't be so many women buying my book, seeing my movie. And the protesters admit in these news stories that they've never read my book, they're just trying to promote their own agenda. You can call me an asshole or a c---sucker or even Spencer Pratt, but they're saying I promote rape culture. You don't want that word to be associated with you. Even if it's bulls---, come on."
So, there it is -- don't call Tucker Max a rapist ... or Spencer Pratt. "You found the chink in my armor with that one," he tells us with a bit of sadness. "Spencer Pratt is a talentless f----- hack and I'm a best-selling author."
It'll be OK, Tucker.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sons of Guns Stars Stephanie Hayden, Kris Ford Arrested for Hitting Boy, 9: Report
- Jack Bruce Dead: Cream Bassist Dies at 71
- Samantha Harris Is Cancer-Free After Double Mastectomy: "It Feels Amazing"
- Nicole Kidman Attends The Mission Hills World Celebrity Pro-Am Opening Ceremony At Mission Hills Huayi Brothers Feng Xiaogang Movie Town
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday With Kanye, Khloe & Pals In Las Vegas
- Jamie Foxx Hosts The Note Pad Powered By The Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Paris Hilton slammed by world famous DJ
- Katy Perry Turns 30 Today! Celebrate the Singer's Birthday by Looking Back at Her Hair Changes Through the Years
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine