Tyra Banks: I Feel Great Naked
Banks says, "When I told the world to kiss my fat a**, I remained that size for two years. I maintained it with my ice cream and my salad with ranch and dressing and croutons and bacon bits."
She goes on to explain the happiness she felt showing off her real hair on the season premiere of 'The Tyra Banks Show.' She says, "I've worn weaves and wigs and pieces and clip-ons and clip-outs and clip-downs and around since I was 17, 18, and I wanted to show the real me. I wanted to show the raw me, and I just got out of the shower -- beat the face first of course, you all -- and then came out of here -- on this stage, and this is me, you all. This is me... It felt so liberating. I have worn fake hair since I was 17 years old."
Jason Merritt, Getty Images
ABC / YouTube
Tim Mosenfelder , Getty Images
FilmMagic / Getty Images
WireImage / Getty Images
Her interview with Larry King also touches on the shock and disbelief Banks felt upon learning of Chris Brown's assault charge. "There are so many rumors in the entertainment industry," Banks says. "And I was like, 'Oh, that's just a rumor.' And then more and more, you know, police evidence and things come out and photos and things. And I just was like in shock."
Banks adds, "I went back to the interview that I had with Chris Brown. He told me that he experienced this abuse of - I think it was a father figure - on his mother. And that he was so scared, you know, hearing his mother scream and in so much pain... So when I heard (about the attack), I said, 'Wow, the cycle is repeating.' That's the first thing I thought."
She says, "I feel sorry for him because we all know... that it is a cycle. When you experience something, there is a large chance that you are going to become the perpetrator. So that is where the sympathy goes out, because he is a victim. But at the same time, your reasoning for doing something does not excuse the fate of somebody else."
MORE ABOUT Tyra Banks
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Tyra Banks Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kylie Jenner, Tyga Attend 2015 VMAs — See Their Red Carpet Style
- Craziest Moments From MTV's 2015 VMAs: Nicki Minaj Throws Shade at Miley Cyrus, Kanye's Running for President, and More
- Miley Cyrus Leaves VMAs Crowd Speechless With Wacky Song About Pot After Accidental Nip Slip: Video, GIFs!
- Horror master Wes Craven dead at 76
- Kanye West rants at VMAs: I have decided to 'run for president'
- Nicki Minaj calls out Miley Cyrus at VMAs
- All of Miley Cyrus' Wildest, Most Outrageous (or Otherwise Naked) Outfits From the 2015 MTV VMAs—Take a Look!
- Miley Cyrus' Craziest Moments at the 2015 MTV VMAs (Including That Awkward Onstage Spat With You-Know-Who)
- 2015 MTV Video Music Awards Winners: See the Complete List!