Tyra Banks: I Feel Great Naked
Banks says, "When I told the world to kiss my fat a**, I remained that size for two years. I maintained it with my ice cream and my salad with ranch and dressing and croutons and bacon bits."
She goes on to explain the happiness she felt showing off her real hair on the season premiere of 'The Tyra Banks Show.' She says, "I've worn weaves and wigs and pieces and clip-ons and clip-outs and clip-downs and around since I was 17, 18, and I wanted to show the real me. I wanted to show the raw me, and I just got out of the shower -- beat the face first of course, you all -- and then came out of here -- on this stage, and this is me, you all. This is me... It felt so liberating. I have worn fake hair since I was 17 years old."
Jason Merritt, Getty Images
ABC / YouTube
Tim Mosenfelder , Getty Images
FilmMagic / Getty Images
WireImage / Getty Images
Her interview with Larry King also touches on the shock and disbelief Banks felt upon learning of Chris Brown's assault charge. "There are so many rumors in the entertainment industry," Banks says. "And I was like, 'Oh, that's just a rumor.' And then more and more, you know, police evidence and things come out and photos and things. And I just was like in shock."
Banks adds, "I went back to the interview that I had with Chris Brown. He told me that he experienced this abuse of - I think it was a father figure - on his mother. And that he was so scared, you know, hearing his mother scream and in so much pain... So when I heard (about the attack), I said, 'Wow, the cycle is repeating.' That's the first thing I thought."
She says, "I feel sorry for him because we all know... that it is a cycle. When you experience something, there is a large chance that you are going to become the perpetrator. So that is where the sympathy goes out, because he is a victim. But at the same time, your reasoning for doing something does not excuse the fate of somebody else."
MORE ABOUT Tyra Banks
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Tyra Banks Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Best and Worst Movies From Cannes Film Festival 2015: The Sea of Trees, Carol, and More!
- Mama June Threatens to Sue TLC for Airing 19 Kids and Counting Amidst Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations
- Entourage's Leading Ladies Dish on Movie's Cameos by Billy Bob Thornton and Jessica Alba
- Model Nicole Trunfio poses breastfeeding her son on Elle cover
- Does Discovery/TLC have a child molester problem?
- Maggie Gyllenhaal deemed 'too old' to play a 55-rear-old's lover?
- Jimmy Fallon and Dwayne Johnson's Commencement Speech in 1989 Is the Worst Graduation Speech Ever—Watch!
- Celebs Bring the Funny for Red Nose Day: Gwyneth Paltrow Hangs Out, Robert Pattinson Crashes a Car & More!
- Find Out What Julia Roberts, Hugh Grant, Daniel Craig and More Really Sound Like in This Hilarious Red Nose Day Exposé