Kris Allen Chats 'Idol,' His New Album and Why He's Pro-Ellen DeGeneres
On his post-'Idol' experience: "It's been crazy. We got off the show and went straight into the tour and started making the album. Now we're just focused on the album. It's a good feeling to be focused on one thing. I feel like I should be catching my breath, but sometimes my mind doesn't allow me to do that."
About his new single, 'Live Like We're Dying': "Producers Andrew Frampton, Steve Kipner,
What he regrets not doing: "I really want to go skydiving, but I'm terrified. I hear it is the coolest thing in the world and the biggest rush. That is something I would want to do at some point in my life."
On working on his own music instead of rehashing covers: "It feels really good. When I tried out for 'American Idol,' my goal was not to win. It was to go out and hopefully do well enough that I could have the opportunity for a music career. That's why I did this."
How his family has dealt with his 'Idol' win? "It has been crazy for them. They're back home where everything is crazy; your hometown is going to go crazier about you than the rest of the world. My mom even gets emails from fans. I don't know how they get her email address. She'll be like, 'Can you sign this for a fan?' and I'm like, 'What the heck, mom? How did you get that?' They deal with a lot of stuff, but they're awesome. They are doing great and trying to get back to somewhat of a normal life right now."
What he misses about home: "I miss my family and friends. Before this, I spent every day with them. It will be good to see them when I do."
On Ellen DeGeneres replacing Paula Abdul as an 'Idol' judge: "Ellen is a good fit for the show. She is going to do a great job. Everyone loves her. She's so funny, but at the same time, she's so warm and easy to talk to... Paula was that warm personality on the show. You were never scared of her or what she was going to say. I don't think any one is going to be scared of Ellen's comments either. She is going to give a good listeners' perspective."
See more photos of Kris Allen. >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Birdman'? 'Boyhood'? SAG Awards to offer Oscar preview
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- Watch with us: The SAG Awards
- Inside EW's Screen Actors Guild Awards party
- ?The Lego Movie,' ?Birdman' nab Producers Guild of America Awards
- SAG Awards 2015: Winner's List -- Updated Live!
- Pics! The 2015 SAG Awards Red Carpet
- SAG Awards Fashion! Keira Knightley Bumpin' in Purple
- Lorelei Linklater Rocks Ginormous Bell Sleeves at the 2015 SAG Awards: See Her Bold Red Carpet Style!
- Angelina Jolie Visits Iraq, Meets ISIS Victims in Refugee Camp: Pictures
- Farrah Abraham Steps Out With New Boyfriend Simon Saran in Las Vegas After Botched Lip Injections: Pictures!