Kris Allen Chats 'Idol,' His New Album and Why He's Pro-Ellen DeGeneres
On his post-'Idol' experience: "It's been crazy. We got off the show and went straight into the tour and started making the album. Now we're just focused on the album. It's a good feeling to be focused on one thing. I feel like I should be catching my breath, but sometimes my mind doesn't allow me to do that."
About his new single, 'Live Like We're Dying': "Producers Andrew Frampton, Steve Kipner,
What he regrets not doing: "I really want to go skydiving, but I'm terrified. I hear it is the coolest thing in the world and the biggest rush. That is something I would want to do at some point in my life."
On working on his own music instead of rehashing covers: "It feels really good. When I tried out for 'American Idol,' my goal was not to win. It was to go out and hopefully do well enough that I could have the opportunity for a music career. That's why I did this."
How his family has dealt with his 'Idol' win? "It has been crazy for them. They're back home where everything is crazy; your hometown is going to go crazier about you than the rest of the world. My mom even gets emails from fans. I don't know how they get her email address. She'll be like, 'Can you sign this for a fan?' and I'm like, 'What the heck, mom? How did you get that?' They deal with a lot of stuff, but they're awesome. They are doing great and trying to get back to somewhat of a normal life right now."
What he misses about home: "I miss my family and friends. Before this, I spent every day with them. It will be good to see them when I do."
On Ellen DeGeneres replacing Paula Abdul as an 'Idol' judge: "Ellen is a good fit for the show. She is going to do a great job. Everyone loves her. She's so funny, but at the same time, she's so warm and easy to talk to... Paula was that warm personality on the show. You were never scared of her or what she was going to say. I don't think any one is going to be scared of Ellen's comments either. She is going to give a good listeners' perspective."
See more photos of Kris Allen. >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of ?Walking Dead'?
- The lyrics of ?It's the Hard-Knock Life,' according to this ridiculous ?Annie' emoji video
- ?Fury' Star Shia LaBeouf ?Found God? in a Very Real Way'
- David Letterman's Ex-Cue Card Man Says ?Dave Is the Best Boss in the World'
- Monica Lewinsky Contemplated Suicide, Was Very Nearly ?Humiliated to Death'
- Jada Pinkett Smith Brought a Shirtless Man on a Leash to Her Gotham Audition
- Kim Kardashian Leaves Little to the Imagination in Skintight Red Skirt, Grey Bodysuit for a Trip to the Office, Because Why Not?
- Tori Spelling Hospitalized For Possible Pneumonia, Reportedly Undergoes Ebola-Like Quarantine