Curtis: Monroe Miscarried My Child
Britain's Daily Mail is reporting that in Curtis's new book, titled 'The Making of Some Like It Hot,' the actor writes that he and Monroe had an on-and-off affair beginning in 1950 that was eventually rekindled on the 1958 'Hot' set while both were married to other people. It's then, he claims, that Monroe became pregnant with his child.
Curtis says he "was stunned" when Monroe -- who was married to playwright Arthur Miller at the time -- told him she was pregnant. "I just stood there. The room was so silent that I could hear tires screeching on Santa Monica Boulevard," he writes in his book.
Jeffrey Mayer, WireImage
The actor claims that when the issue was brought up with Monroe's husband Miller, the theater legend told him: "Finish the film and stay out of our lives." Curtis then says he "stared at him for a minute. Then I looked at her. She was crying. Okay,' I said. 'That I can do.' I turned and walked out. I went to my dressing room, closed the door and locked it."
Curtis says months later, he had found out that Monroe had a miscarriage. She died several years later in 1962 at the age of 36.
The actor has written about his time with Monroe in the past, coming under fire for comparing kissing her to Hitler in his 1993 autobiography.
In the new book, Curtis also says: 'When I was in bed with Marilyn I was never sure - before, during or after - where her mind was ... She was an actress. She could play a part. She could give the part what she thought a man wanted. I never asked for more."
Curtis is currently married to his fifth wife, Jill Vandenberg Curtis.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- New Zack Morris: Unauthorized story 'a love letter' to Saved By The Bell
- Pregnant or burrito grande?
- Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' after being rushed to hospital, daughter says
- Nikki Finke Signs Book Deal
- Telluride: Ethan Hawke's Documentary Directorial Debut Goes to Sundance Selects
- 'True Blood' Showrunner Defends Sookie's Choice: "Irrelevant" Who She Ends Up With
- ?Rock Band' developer debuts a game for wannabe dream exorcists
- Poll: Which ?Walking Dead' magazine cover is your favorite?
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Toy Story' in One Supercut (VIDEO)
- Horror Movie Mistakes So Scary You Missed Them (PHOTOS)
- Netflix Paid HOW MUCH to Stream 'The Blacklist'?!