Curtis: Monroe Miscarried My Child
Britain's Daily Mail is reporting that in Curtis's new book, titled 'The Making of Some Like It Hot,' the actor writes that he and Monroe had an on-and-off affair beginning in 1950 that was eventually rekindled on the 1958 'Hot' set while both were married to other people. It's then, he claims, that Monroe became pregnant with his child.
Curtis says he "was stunned" when Monroe -- who was married to playwright Arthur Miller at the time -- told him she was pregnant. "I just stood there. The room was so silent that I could hear tires screeching on Santa Monica Boulevard," he writes in his book.
Jeffrey Mayer, WireImage
The actor claims that when the issue was brought up with Monroe's husband Miller, the theater legend told him: "Finish the film and stay out of our lives." Curtis then says he "stared at him for a minute. Then I looked at her. She was crying. Okay,' I said. 'That I can do.' I turned and walked out. I went to my dressing room, closed the door and locked it."
Curtis says months later, he had found out that Monroe had a miscarriage. She died several years later in 1962 at the age of 36.
The actor has written about his time with Monroe in the past, coming under fire for comparing kissing her to Hitler in his 1993 autobiography.
In the new book, Curtis also says: 'When I was in bed with Marilyn I was never sure - before, during or after - where her mind was ... She was an actress. She could play a part. She could give the part what she thought a man wanted. I never asked for more."
Curtis is currently married to his fifth wife, Jill Vandenberg Curtis.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tops Labor Day, summer box office
- FBI, Apple begin inquiries into nude celebrity photo leaks
- Carrie Underwood announces she is pregnant with her first child
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: One Guy vs. Three Women
- China Box Office: Monkeys Do The Business as ?Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Rules Supreme
- Focus World Acquires Julianne Moore's 'Maps to the Stars'
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by ?The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story'
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- Summer Box Office 2014: What Went Wrong?
- The Cast of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Does the Baby Groot Dance (VIDEO)
- What Makes a Great TV Series Finale?