Whatever You Do, Don't Call Michael Emerson Creepy
"I'm probably being sensitive about it," he admits. A big reason for this might be that people have trouble separating the veteran character actor (married to the lovely Carrie Preston from True Blood) from his creepy, er sinister television character. "My wife sees a very clear boundary between who I am and the character I play," Emerson tells PopEater. "(Linus) freaks her out. She'll say, don't look at me like him."
Strangers can freak out when they catch sight of Emerson. "I've had people scream, and drop what was in their hands when I've walked in," says Emerson. "The standard encounter is a girl and a guy walking together and the girl sees me and her eyes go all saucer-like and she clutches her man's arms, pursing her lips together to keep from crying out. That actually happens a lot."
Wearing a hat helps also according to Emerson, who says "it turns out my biggest Benjamin Linus giveaway is the way my hair stands up." But sometimes even the best disguise doesn't do the trick. "I was in at a street fair in Honolulu in costume, I had painted my face like a skeleton ... Some guy came up and said, 'Dude, I love your work.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gary Busey Joins Dancing With the Stars Season 21: See His Announcement on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Kylie Jenner Goes Blonde For Real, Debuts "Ashy Dirty Blonde" Fall Hairdo: Picture
- Christina Applegate Plays Meryl Streep's Most Famous Roles Really Badly in Hilarious Lifetime Movie Spoof
- 'We Are Your Friends' flops, has one of the worst box foffice openings in history
- J.J. Watt 'heartbroken' over Jennifer Aniston's marriage
- Unrelated celebrity twins