Mariah Carey: 'I Never Thought I'd Live This Long'
She adds, "I have always been grateful for everything I had, but my personal life was a mess. So many artists just exist for their careers and then burn out quickly. That was me before I met Nick, and he helped me. I always thought that I wouldn't be here at this point. I was thinking, 'Okay, I've got another year of my life left. This has got to be the end of it.' Finally, he was like, "Stop talking like that."
The singer/songwriter, who will turn 40 on her next birthday, thinks the milestone is paid too much attention in Hollywood. "I find it offensive," she explains. "It unfairly taints women in particular, and makes people look at you differently. I lived with that my whole life."
Before Nick, she says, her own preoccupation was worse. "I have been obsessed with the whole Marilyn Monroe thing my whole life - all those artists who died young," she says. "Michael Jackson. At one point, we talked about that stuff. I can't reveal what he thought. But yes, we had a conversation about it once."
With her happy marriage, Carey's focus is now family. While Cannon claims two kids are the goal, Carey says, "Of course, we'd be happy with one. I want to be able to manage the right amount of attention. We are so busy - if you have six kids running around, no one gets what they need. Kids need a lot of attention."
Cannon reveals, "It's at the forefront of our minds. We're very close."
Read the full interview with Mariah and Nick in the new issue of In Touch magazine.
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- One Direction, Katy Perry each win three American Music Awards
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- American Music Awards 2014: The 5 Biggest and Best Moments From the Show
- Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea Bring Down the House at 2014 American Music Awards With "Booty"
- Fergie Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction During 2014 AMAs "L.A.Love" Performance, Robe Hangs Off Her Butt: Watch Now!