'Pulp Fiction' Writer Sentenced For Fatal DUI Crash
The crash occurred in Ventura County. Authorities say Avary's car was traveling at more than 100 mph when it crashed into a telephone pole. Avary's wife was ejected from the vehicle and was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Avary and Quentin Tarantino share the 1995 Academy Award for writing 'Pulp Fiction.' He also co-wrote the screenplay for the movie "Beowulf."
Albert L. Ortega, WireImage
Monroe County Sheriff's Office / AP
Kirsty Wigglesworth, AP
Gabriel Bouys, AFP / Getty Images
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Andrew H. Walker, Getty Images
Joe Kohen, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Parents group slams 'Sex Box' basic cable show
- Go Daddy on puppy ad controversy: ?This was not a stunt'
- 'NCIS' Scoop: Show pulling out the stops in upcoming episodes
- Comedy Central's Digital Studio Developing Six New Projects (Exclusive)
- 'Grey's Anatomy's' Shonda Rhimes: "Fans Should Be Worried" About Meredith and Derek
- Watch a Preview of Disney's 'Tomorrowland' Super Bowl Spot
- 27 Unexplainable Blunders From Your Favorite Sci-Fi Movies
- Best of Late Night TV: David Beckham's NFL Career (VIDEO)
- Why the Found Footage Genre Is Broken (and How to Fix It)