'Pulp Fiction' Writer Sentenced For Fatal DUI Crash
The crash occurred in Ventura County. Authorities say Avary's car was traveling at more than 100 mph when it crashed into a telephone pole. Avary's wife was ejected from the vehicle and was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Avary and Quentin Tarantino share the 1995 Academy Award for writing 'Pulp Fiction.' He also co-wrote the screenplay for the movie "Beowulf."
Albert L. Ortega, WireImage
Monroe County Sheriff's Office / AP
Kirsty Wigglesworth, AP
Gabriel Bouys, AFP / Getty Images
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Andrew H. Walker, Getty Images
Joe Kohen, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Queen Elizabeth II photobombs young tourists' selfie
- Alec Baldwin appears in NYC court after Shia LaBeouf leaves
- Long lines start early as Comic-Con floor opens and dedicated fans queue up for coveted toys
- Alec Baldwin Scolded, Vows to Stay Out of Trouble in Court Appearance
- ESPN's Kenny Mayne Stars in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' TV Spots (Video)
- Uma Thurman Joins Bradley Cooper's 'Adam Jones'
- Live Vicariously Through These Comic-Con 2014 Photos
- Michael Pitt, Director Mike Cahill on 'I, Origins' and Casting the Perfect Child (VIDEO)
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: Fans Dressed Up in All Your Favorite Cosplay (PHOTOS)