TLC Halts Filming of 'Plus 8' Kids; Jon and Kate Battle Through Statements
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 1st 2009 06:10PM
Jon Gosselin sent them a cease-and-desist order, TLC has announced they will shut down filming of the kids on the show formerly known as 'Jon & Kate Plus 8.' In a statement, the network said production would remain suspended "pending further conversations" between both Gosselins, who are parents of young twins and sextuplets. Filming not directly involving the kids continues, TLC said Thursday. The network renamed the show 'Kate Plus 8' earlier this week. Now both Jon and Kate have released statements adding fuel to the fire.
"It appears that Jon's priority is Jon and his interests," his estranged wife, Kate Gosselin, said in a statement on Thursday. "My priority remains our children and their well being."
The Insider reported Thursday about Jon Gosselin demands.
"Effective immediately no production crews are to enter Jon Gosselin's family home for any reason. In the event that anyone enters the marital property, Jon Gosselin will notify the local authority to effectuate Police action against any trespassers," a letter from Jon's lawyers to TLC read.
"Jon realized his family was like a train wreck, so he decided to put the brakes on the divorce and on the show ... because if he didn't the family would be in a mortal accident," his lawyer Mark Jay Heller said.
In her subsequent statement, Kate Gosselin said, "I'm saddened and confused by Jon's public media statements. Jon has never expressed any concerns to me about our children being involved in the show and, in fact, is on the record as saying he believes the show benefits our children and was taping on Friday with the kids."
"I check in regularly with each of the kids to be sure they want to participate in and continue with the show and will continue to do so," Kate, 34, continues. "I do the show for my family because I believe it provides us opportunities we wouldn't otherwise have. Jon used to share that belief until as recently as the day the network announced the name change of the show and indicated that Jon would have a lesser role in the show. It appears that Jon's priority is Jon and his interests. My priority remains our children and their well-being."
Jon's lawyers have released a statement addressing the conduct of TLC, according to PEOPLE. The comments read:
"I am totally confident that [Jon] will be completely successful in his quest to take back control of his family and preserve, protect and ensure their future well-being by putting the brakes on his divorce and pulling the plug on TLC, the media giant that he perceives as a monster that has exploited and manipulated his family and has been partially responsible for the breakdown of his marriage."
"Jon is resolved not to allow the TLC Corporate machine to devour his family and promote the monster's best interests over those of his family. TLC and Discovery have been reputed to have generated approximately $186 million dollars for the quarter – compliments of the Gosselin Family, and Jon firmly believes that their greed to continue that cash flow will be trumped by his courage and determination to protect his family."
Jon and Kate Gosselin
Jon Gosselin at Crustacean restaurant in Beverly Hills Sept 30, 2009 X17online.com exclusive
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner Clears Up Rumors About Bruce Jenner's Transformation; Monica Lewinsky Was "In Love" With Bill Clinton: Top 5 Stories
- Teresa Giudice Dropped By Crisis Manager Wendy Feldman After Filing Orange Is The New Black Prison Request: Details
- Ryan Phillippe Disses His Own Career: "I've Made 30-Plus Films," "Five of Them Are Good"
- Famed Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta Dies At 82
- Monica Lewinsky Says ?I Lost My Public Self' During First Public Speaking Engagement ? ?I Fell In Love With My Boss'
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Taylor Swift slams critics for being sexist
- Go Girl! Jennifer Lawrence Swings an Ax and Impresses All the Guys in New Serena Clip
- FKA Twigs Takes "Video Girl" to Extreme With Google Glass in New Conceptual Video: Watch Now!
- RIP Oscar de la Renta: Famous Fashion Designer Remembered by Taylor Swift, Ivanka Trump and More Celebs