A Guide to This Week's Big TV Moments
Saturday: New 'SNL' Cast Member Utters the F Word -- In perhaps the most exciting moment since Sarah Palin was first skewered by Tina Fey on 'Saturday Night Live,' brand-spanking-new cast member Jenny Slate got noticed by a whole lot of people (the FCC included) by inadvertently dropping the F-bomb during the live broadcast. Oops. Hopefully the rest of the season will be as interesting. Warning: Explicit language
Sunday: Don Draper Gets a Black Eye on 'Mad Men' --The dapper hero of the AMC critical favorite gets his butt handed to him -- by a pair of high teenagers, no less. The episode opens with the ad man on the floor, bloodied and blackened, and we are left to figure out what happened as the story is told in flashbacks. We also learn that Peggy, who is show in bed with a mystery man, got a good rogering from Duck. Is it all a preamble to the ultimate unraveling of the sixties when JFK is shot? Whe shall see.
Monday: Woe Is 'The Beautiful Life,' Mischa Barton's Comeback --The ex-'OC' star, who already had to halt filming due to a visit to rehab, saw her hopes dashed after just two episodes. *Ed note: We saw the first one and were intrigued enough by the premise -- watching the faux-real behind-the-scenes of the modeling world -- that we would have watched again, which is more than we can say about most new shows. The not-complete suckiness of the show leads us to side with co-star Sara Paxton's hunch it just wasn't pushed enough by The CW.
Tuesday: Conan's Head Injury Revealed -- Reports trickled out after Friday's taping that Conan O'Brien had really messed up his tremendously impressive noggin. While he was mum for a few days (probably because he was, you know, in the hospital), when he returned he shared the humiliating tape of him getting fake-beaten by Teri Hatcher in a fake-triathalon, skidding across the slick studio floor and knocking his head on the floor with an impressively terrifying thwack. Ever the pro, he stood up and recited his next few lines with a funny quip, but seemed a little off. We don't like to see gentle animals getting hurt, and so we were glad to see that Conan the Great -- and more importantly, his bouncy hair do' -- survived with just a concussion.
Wednesday: Madonna Eats! (A Slice of Pizza) on Letterman -- David Letterman had Madonna on the 'Late Show' for the umpteenth time in as many years, and instead of cursing, the increasingly muscular pop star did something far more shocking: she ate a slice of pizza. (O.K., so there was no cheese.)
Thursday: Letterman Drops a Majorly Scandalous Bomb ... About Himself -- Dave makes the list twice in a week, and boy is this one a doozy. Apparently the married late night talk show host has a thing for female crew members. This is bad mostly because he's been with the same woman for 26 years and only recently married her in March. Even crazier, the talk show guru was the victim of an extortion attempt to the tune of $2 million dollars. Crazier still, authorities are saying the suspect works at CBS on '48 Hours.' What's funny (in a not ha-ha way) is that the way this has played out makes Dave the Philanderer more sympathetic, which, we're betting, the extortee wasn't counting on.
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Pacific Coast News
George Napolitano, FilmMagic
Theo Wargo, WireImage
Ray Tamarra, Getty Images
Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Todd Williamson, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Scheana Marie Marries Michael Shay: Details on the Vanderpump Rules Star's Wedding
- Real Housewives of New Jersey Episode 3 Recap: Amber Marchese Stirs Up Drama With Twins, Milania Guidice Turns Up the Sass
- Jessica Simpson's Son Ace Plays With CaCee Cobb's Son Rocco, Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Dresses Baby Bump in Nautical Outfit: Top 5 Weekend Stories
- Burn! Beyonce Skipped Kimye Wedding Because She ?Wasn't Going To Allow A Kardashian To Socially Climb Her,' Claims New Repor
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star Brandi Glanville Launching New Wine, Wants Your Input
- Botched Before and After: Breast Cancer Survivor, Boob Implant Headache and Much More—See the Pics!
- Khloe and Kim Kardashian Have a Huge Fight While Kylie & Kendall Jenner Go Missing in Thailand—See the Full KUWTK Recap!