Arrest Made After 'Housewives' Star Kandi Burruss' Fiance Killed in Club Brawl
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that an employee of the club, Fredrick Richardson, was arrested in connection with the death.
Richardson was taken on Friday night to Grady Memorial Hospital. A police spokesman says he will be taken to Fulton County Jail as soon as doctors discharge him.
Fans of the show got to know Jewell, who appeared several times on the popular Bravo program. Burruss would often argue with her mother about her relationship with Jewell, who has children.
A police spokesman says detectives were still "trying to figure out [what happened]. We had a pretty good number of witnesses that are being cooperative," says James Polite.
But the cause of the fight in the parking lot of the club was still not known Saturday, Polite said.Burruss, also an R&B singer who fronted the '90s group Xscape, is understandably devastated by the news.
"I could never in a million years imagine this happening," she said on Twitter. "Please pray for AJ's children. That's who I'm the most concerned 4."
In a recent interview, Burruss said the pair were taking a break from their relationship to work out some issues.
Kevin Winter, Getty Images
AP Photo/FOX, Michael Becker, File
Taco Bell / AP
Chris O'Meara, AP
David Livingston, Getty Images
Barry King, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hilary Duff says new album will reflect Texas roots
- Vince Neil says no more country music for Motley Crue
- Ryan Seacrest talks new season of 'American Idol'
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- Bow Wow, Erica Mena Engaged After Six-Month Romance, Get Coordinating Engagement Ring and Watch
- Leonardo DiCaprio Rocks Full Beard, Man Bun as he Receives Clinton Global Citizen Award for Environmental Campaigning
- Emma Watson Makes Impassioned Speech on Feminism and Gender Equality at U.N. Headquarters, Says Feminism isn't "Anti-Men or Unattractive"