PopEater Poll Results: What You Think About Jon & Kate
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 4th 2009 09:00AM
It's been an interesting few days of Jon and Kate Gosselin. In the midst of their divorce, Jon stopped proceedings to work things out with his estranged wife. TLC announced that the Gosselin father was being dropped from the title of the show -- 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' would become simply 'Kate Plus 8.' Jon fired back and legally prevented the network from filming their children. He claimed it's in their best interest, Kate said he's being selfish. So what do PopEater readers think of everything? We'll we asked them. And thanks to the hundreds of thousands who voted on the burning Jon and Kate questions this week.* Now it's time to see which side they took. Click Inside to See the Votes * Some Poll Results May Have Changed Since Our Last Tallies
· First, Jon stopped divorce proceedings and apologized to Kate. "I regret my conduct since Kate and I separated ... I used poor judgment in publicly socializing with other women so soon." But 62 percent of more than 275K voters don't think his apology is enough for everything he's done. Get the Story and Vote
· And despite Jon's apology, 74 percent of over 256K voters are still on Team Kate.
· Then, TLC announced they planned to drop Jon's name from the title of the couple's show -- making it simply 'Kate Plus 8.' The network said the show would still feature him, but the focus would shift to Kate as a single parent. Even though our audience is predominantly on Kate's side, it doesn't mean they want to watch her show. A 64 percent majority of over 57K voters agreed they would not follow the revamped series.
· Jon quickly hit back at TLC, filing a "cease and desist" notice against them to halt filming of the children. "Jon realized his family was like a train wreck, so he decided to put the brakes on the divorce and on the show," his lawyer said. Gosselin also went on Larry King and told the news host, "I want the fodder to stop. And I want Kate and I to mediate, I want us to become friends, I want us to figure out our marriage and I don't want to be filmed anymore and I don't want the kids involved." Kate added her own response: "I'm saddened and confused by Jon's public media statements. Jon has never expressed any concerns to me about our children being involved in the show." And 54 percent of over 58K voters didn't think he was being fair by stopping the show. Get the Story and Vote
· However, a vast majority of our audience -- 81 percent of nearly 100K voters -- do think the reality series should come to an end.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jim Carrey Apologizes to Family After Posting Photo of Autistic Boy Without Permission
- Kourtney Kardashian Steps Out Amid Scott Disick Drama — and She Looks Good!
- Hilary Duff: I'm "Grateful" for Lizzie McGuire, But It Was "Torturous" at Times to Be Her
- 19 Fourth of July flicks
- Matt Damon shows off ponytail
- Robin Thicke 'embarrassed' by attempts to get Paula Patton back
- Taylor Swift Gets Piggyback Ride From a Shirtless Calvin Harris—See the Adorable Photo
- Andy Samberg Wears a Strange Bubble Suit on Jimmy Kimmel Live, But for a Very Good Reason
- Calvin Harris' First Photo of Taylor Swift on His Instagram Proves He's Smitten With Her—See the Pic!