Lindsay Lohan Wells Up During Wobbly Fashion Debut
Lohan spent a few weeks as an "artistic adviser" to Archs and her efforts were met with muted applause and mouths agape by attendees.
Check out the scene from Paris ...
Expectations going into the show were low. Still, the collection was not the utter disaster that many had - almost gleefully - predicted. It was chock-full of more of the ultra-mini party girl dresses that have flooded Paris' catwalks this season, but it also had some nice, wearable suits that harkened back to Ungaro's heyday in the 1980s.
More questionable looks included a white bustier dress so short it left the model's rear hanging out, spandex bandeau tops and a suit worn with nothing more substantial underneath than sparkling heart-shaped pasties. Bafflingly, many of the models had larger versions of the pasties affixed to their foreheads.
Asked how their collaboration had worked, Lohan explained, "We both kind of mixed our (ideas) together, and that's why it came out so well."
"I really appreciate everything that goes into, like, any article of clothing. I think it's fantastic and I think it's so expressive in so many ways," Lohan told reporters.
Ungaro CEO and President Mounir Moufarrige, a Lebanese-born businessman who has made a career of reviving musty old labels, said he was pleased with what he had seen on the catwalk.
"I'm happy and have a really positive impression," said Moufarrige, who has had struggled to change Ungaro's staid image to appeal to a younger demographic.
If his latest strategy works, and Lohan's star appeal lures in the elusive 30-and-under demographic Moufarrige so has been so desperately seeking, it could spark a wave of celebrity recruitment by fashion houses.
Asked if she had dreamed of becoming a designer, Lohan replied, "Yes, I've always kind of wanted. This is surreal right now, I don't think it's hit me yet. Maybe tomorrow, or in a week."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Christian band MercyMe opens up about abuse, God and new album
- Cannes: European Film Promotion Names 'Producers on the Move'
- Chinese Director to Oliver Stone: Mind Your Own Business
- John Oliver Celebrates His THR Cover With Jimmy Fallon
- ?Supernatural' recap: Killing things that need killing
- ?Agents of SHIELD' react: A little night music
- ?Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- George Lucas 'Is a Consultant' on 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' Says Disney Chief
- Actor Daniel Franzese Writes Amazing, 'Mean Girls'-Themed Coming Out Letter
- Tina Fey & Amy Poehler's 'The Nest' Has Some Stiff Competition