Penelope and Javier ... Fit to Be Tied?
"They're telling friends they will get married," said an unnamed friend who was told the news directly from one member of the ultra private couple. The nuptial news is shocking to many fans. "They tried to keep it very private and quiet," said a source regarding the couple's courtship which began most recently in 2007. They met while co-starring in 1992's 'Jamon, Jamon' and their steamy sex scenes started the gossip mills turning.
A wedding is especially startling to Cruz fans. She shared her doubts about the institution last August. "I don't know if I believe in marriage," Cruz revealed to UK's Psychologies magazine. "I believe in family, love and children," she continued.
Rumors that Cruz is pregnant have recently surfaced. "They say the pregnancy stories aren't true," says a doubtful friend. Cruz and Bardem were photographed leaving an OB/GYN clinic in Madrid earlier this month.
Although she has showed ambivalence towards marriage, Cruz has been enthusiastic about motherhood. "When I [have children], I want to do it really well," shared Cruz. "I want it to be my best project in life."
The ex 'Melrose Place' star and the 'Today' show personality have been dating for nearly a year.
FilmMagic / WireImage
Polk Imaging / FilmMagic
Steve Granitz, WireImage
Todd Williamson, WireImage
Jordan Strauss, Getty Images
Jesse Grant, WireImage
Casey Rodgers, WireImage
The couple's walk to the altar has taken some detours. Bardem broke a promise to take a year off of work which ignited Cruz. "Penelope is really angry because she turned down a few really good roles because she was so committed to their sabbatical," another unnamed source stated.
Bardem, 40, won an Academy Award for his lead role in the Coen brother's 'No Country for Old Men' opposite Josh Brolin. It was the first by a Spanish-born actor. Cruz, 35, won an Academy Award for her portrayal of Bardem's mentally unstable ex-wife in Woody Allen's 'Vicky Christina Barcelona,' the second for a Spaniard. She has been romantically linked to A-List actors Tom Cruise and Matthew McConaughey.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actress Bynes arrested after tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Oklahoma natives Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood come to aid of tornado victims
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- 'Survivor: Caramoan' Winner John Cochran Lands CBS Writing Gig
- Cathy Schulman to Deliver UCLA School of Theater, Film and TV's Commencement Speech
- Amanda Bynes Arrested for Marijuana Possession (Report)
- EW's Bite of the Night: Submit your favorite quote from tonight's best TV!
- Woohoo! ?Simpsons' fans rejoice! Universal Studios is building Springfield
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination