Madonna Wins 'Substantial' Damages
The amount was not disclosed but her lawyer, John Kelly, told Justice Peter Smith that she would donate the money to her Raising Malawi charity. Madonna, who was divorced from Ritchie earlier this year, had sought damages in excess of 5 million pounds ($8 million).
Kelly said that the star went to great lengths to keep her December 2000 wedding private.
Three years later, he said, an interior designer who was working at Madonna's home in Beverly Hills in California copied at least 27 photos from the wedding album. The designer provided them to a woman who offered to sell them to the Mail on Sunday.
Kelly said the newspaper initially turned down the offer, but bought the pictures last year after Madonna and Ritchie announced that they would divorce.
The Mail on Sunday published them without consulting or warning her, Kelly said. Otherwise, Madonna would have sought a court ordering to block publication, he said.
No pictures of the wedding had been published before.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Gets Cheeky with Girlfriend FKA twigs
- Look Out J.Lo and Kim K! Here Comes Beyonc