Madonna Wins 'Substantial' Damages
The amount was not disclosed but her lawyer, John Kelly, told Justice Peter Smith that she would donate the money to her Raising Malawi charity. Madonna, who was divorced from Ritchie earlier this year, had sought damages in excess of 5 million pounds ($8 million).
Kelly said that the star went to great lengths to keep her December 2000 wedding private.
Three years later, he said, an interior designer who was working at Madonna's home in Beverly Hills in California copied at least 27 photos from the wedding album. The designer provided them to a woman who offered to sell them to the Mail on Sunday.
Kelly said the newspaper initially turned down the offer, but bought the pictures last year after Madonna and Ritchie announced that they would divorce.
The Mail on Sunday published them without consulting or warning her, Kelly said. Otherwise, Madonna would have sought a court ordering to block publication, he said.
No pictures of the wedding had been published before.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Straight Outta Compton' tops box office for third straight week; 'War Room' surprise second
- Horror master Wes Craven dead at 76
- Kanye West rants at VMAs: I have decided to 'run for president'
- Kanye Vows to Run for President in 2020, Bieber Cries
- Legendary Director Wes Craven Dies at 76
- Nicki Minaj Throws Down With Miley Cyrus Live on the VMAs!
- Kylie Jenner, Tyga Attend 2015 VMAs — See Their Red Carpet Style
- Craziest Moments From MTV's 2015 VMAs: Nicki Minaj Throws Shade at Miley Cyrus, Kanye's Running for President, and More
- Miley Cyrus Leaves VMAs Crowd Speechless With Wacky Song About Pot After Accidental Nip Slip: Video, GIFs!