Madonna Wins 'Substantial' Damages
The amount was not disclosed but her lawyer, John Kelly, told Justice Peter Smith that she would donate the money to her Raising Malawi charity. Madonna, who was divorced from Ritchie earlier this year, had sought damages in excess of 5 million pounds ($8 million).
Kelly said that the star went to great lengths to keep her December 2000 wedding private.
Three years later, he said, an interior designer who was working at Madonna's home in Beverly Hills in California copied at least 27 photos from the wedding album. The designer provided them to a woman who offered to sell them to the Mail on Sunday.
Kelly said the newspaper initially turned down the offer, but bought the pictures last year after Madonna and Ritchie announced that they would divorce.
The Mail on Sunday published them without consulting or warning her, Kelly said. Otherwise, Madonna would have sought a court ordering to block publication, he said.
No pictures of the wedding had been published before.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' sneak peek: Is there a mole in the squad?
- Elle MacPherson gave up drugs and alcohol to stay fit at 50
- Why 'Boy Meets World' star Maitland Ward sexes up red carpets
- Jimmy Fallon, Amy Schumer, & Miranda Sings show up in new trailer for ?Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee'
- Bruce Jenner Taunted on Golf Course Over Changing Looks
- Mama June Steps Out with Family, Sex Offender Seen with Mystery Woman
- Nicole Kidman on Rumors She and Keith Urban are Trying for Another Baby
- Angelina Jolie Goes Bombshell Blonde While Filming First Scenes With Brad Pitt Since 2005
- Jim Carrey Tests David Letterman for Ebola: "Have You Ever Kissed a Monkey?"
- Renee Zellweger Steps Out in Brown Wig on Mississippi Movie Set Following Plastic Surgery Rumors: See the Photos