Madonna Wins 'Substantial' Damages
The amount was not disclosed but her lawyer, John Kelly, told Justice Peter Smith that she would donate the money to her Raising Malawi charity. Madonna, who was divorced from Ritchie earlier this year, had sought damages in excess of 5 million pounds ($8 million).
Kelly said that the star went to great lengths to keep her December 2000 wedding private.
Three years later, he said, an interior designer who was working at Madonna's home in Beverly Hills in California copied at least 27 photos from the wedding album. The designer provided them to a woman who offered to sell them to the Mail on Sunday.
Kelly said the newspaper initially turned down the offer, but bought the pictures last year after Madonna and Ritchie announced that they would divorce.
The Mail on Sunday published them without consulting or warning her, Kelly said. Otherwise, Madonna would have sought a court ordering to block publication, he said.
No pictures of the wedding had been published before.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Anita Baker sued by lawyer who claims she owes him money
- Country trio Lady Antebellum's adult sound on new album '747'
- New Banksy artwork appears in English seaside town
- Why Kirby v. Marvel mattered
- You need to watch ?The Simpsons' premiere's insane opening sequence
- Ciara Targeted by Pantless Prankster Vitalii Sediuk!
- Pink Brings the Power for Breast Cancer Awareness and Prevention
- ?Gone Girl' Star Rosamund Pike: 6 of Her Films You Should See
- Liam Hemsworth Says "There's No Bad Blood" With Miley Cyrus, Jokes He Was a "Devil Child"
- Kaley Cuoco's $250 Gym Ensemble: See Her Rocker Workout Style!
- How to Wear a Cape Like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Sarah Jessica Parker and Olivia Palermo: Try the Trend Without Looking Like You're Wearing a Blanket