Beyonce Breaks Silence About Kanye West
Beyonce Knowles is finally speaking out about her loss to Taylor Swift at the VMAs, which prompted Kanye West to storm the stage and steal the young singer's moment after winning Best Female Video. "Well, I knew his intentions, and I knew he was standing up for art; and he told me before, when they said the nominees, he's like, 'You have this award,'" Knowles told O: The Oprah Magazine editor-at-large Gayle King (via MTV.)
"When they didn't call my name he was, like, completely shocked," she added. "And when he walked on the stage, I was like, 'No, no, no!' and then he spoke, and I was like, 'Oh, no, no, no!' "
When the camera panned to the 'Ladies' hitmaker, Jay-Z's wife looked visibly mortified. Meanwhile, Swift stood silently on the stage. To make matters worse, Swift had to perform the song shortly after Kanye's outburst. Watch it:
Beyonce knew she wanted to give Swift a second chance at a speech, so when she won Video of the Year later that evening, she called Swift back on stage to let the country star finish her speech.
"In the end, it ended up being a great night, and Taylor Swift did get her moment -- and I didn't have to make an acceptance speech," Knowles added with a laugh.
West has made several public apologies since the incident and even personally called Swift. Last month, Swift told ABC News Radio about his apology. "Kanye did call me. He was very sincere in his apology, and I accepted that apology," she said.
Recalling the incident, Swift said she was stunned by the whole situation. Swift said, "I think my overall thought process went something like: 'Wow, I can't believe I won. This is awesome. Don't trip and fall. I'm going to get to thank the fans, this is so cool. Oh! Kanye West is here. Cool haircut ... what are you doing there? And then, ouch, and then I guess I'm not going to get to thank the fans.'"
"I'm not going to say that I wasn't rattled by it, I had to perform live five minutes later. So I had to get myself back to the place where I could perform," Swift explained. When she was asked if in the future, everything would be fine between the two, Swift replied, "Yeah, definitely."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Birdman' tops SAG Awards, Redmayne upsets Keaton
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- SAG Awards 2015: We live-blogged it
- Inside EW's Screen Actors Guild Awards party
- ?The Lego Movie,' ?Birdman' nab Producers Guild of America Awards
- Sofia Vergara Flashes Engagement Ring at SAG Awards
- Julianne Moore Stuns in Green Givenchy and Chopard Jewels
- Holy Cleavage! See Jennifer Aniston's Dangerously Low-Cut Vintage Gown
- Gabrielle Carteris Randomly Snags Seat at Jennifer Aniston's SAG Awards Table: GIF
- SAG Awards 2015: Watch the Most Emotional Speeches, Including Uzo Aduba, Patricia Arquette, More!
- Naomi Watts Trips Over Emma Stone's Dress Onstage at SAG Awards 2015: GIFs, Video