In Diva-Off, Babs Bests Mariah on Charts
At 67, she is the second oldest living artist to top the charts, after Bob Dylan.
According to Reuters, industry observers said Streisand's success was bolstered by sales in non-traditional outlets like coffee retailer Starbucks, QVC, and Streisand's own website.
The crown had been expected to go to pop-rock band Paramore, which settled for a close No. 2 with sales of 175,000 for 'Brand New Eyes.'
Streisand extended her lead as the female act with the most No. 1 releases on the Billboard 200. She also became the first artist to top the chart in five consecutive decades.
"You'd think that getting the news that you've been Number One in five consecutive decades would make you feel old, but this makes me feel young," Streisand said in a statement.
The fall of Carey's 'Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel' is significant. It ended the chart-topping streak of her previous two albums and it was her worse debut since 2001's disaster, 'Glitter.'
Another diva was also toppled by Babs: Madonna. Her hits collection, 'Celebration,' only managed 72,000 copies.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celebs donate $500,000 scholarships to students on UNCF show
- Lena Dunham: 'When I was raped, I felt powerless'
- Scarlett Johansson says it was hard being married to another actor
- Flirty Rompers and Lots of Fringe! Steal Alessandra Ambrosio's Spring Style
- Kim Kardashian Gets Serious: Speaking Out on Sick Kids and Armenian Genocide
- Glam Room Dish: Bruce Will Dress More 'Conservative' Than His Daughters
- Kris Humphries Faces Twitter Backlash During Bruce Jenner Interview, Apologizes: Find Out What He Said
- Bruce Jenner Building "Glam Room" Amid Gender Transition: "We're Totally Going to Rock This Place!"
- Kourtney Kardashian Doesn't Want Scott Disick "Drunk in the Delivery Room": Watch the KUWTK Clip!