Lucy Hale Talks Vampires With PopEater
PopEater had the chance to chat with Lucy about catty sorority girls, the Disney Channel, celebrity tweeting, and her newest obsession: 'True Blood.'
"Oh my God. I'm obsessed. Obsessed. It's so good. I'm so sad that we have to wait such a long time for the third season," she said about the HBO series.
For a recent role on 'Private Practice,' Lucy's mother was played by one of Eric's vampire cohorts on the show, Kristen Bauer. "So I just talked about 'True Blood' the whole time and asked her all these questions!" she confessed.
Not only is the 20-year-old actress and singer a huge fan of the vampire craze sweeping television and movies these days, but she was almost part of it.
"I auditioned for 'Twilight," she said. "It was for Ashley Greene's part. She plays Alice. I didn't even have any idea what 'Twilight' was then!"
Lucy may not play a vampire in the upcoming Lifetime movie 'Sorority Wars,' but there's definitely no shortage of drama. "Her mom was in a sorority. She was a Delta. And [Katie] was raised her whole life thinking she was gonna fulfill the legacy and follow in her mom's footsteps," Lucy said. But when she pledges a different sorority, the Deltas pledge to make Katie's life "hell." Watch a preview for 'Sorority Wars' below.
"I don't know if in real life they're this cut-throat," she said. "But in the movie they're definitely a little catty!"
Another obsession-Twitter. Lucy has found that it's a great way to let her fans know about upcoming projects. "I just feel that Twitter is a really good way to broadcast what I'm up to," she said. "For the most part everyone's really supportive. I almost feel like they're my friends!" And with more than 20,000 followers, she sure has a lot of friends.
Lucy has been appearing on TV for years, from a guest spot on 'How I Met Your Mother' to recurring roles on 'Bionic Woman' and 'Privileged.' You may also recognize her from a couple episodes of Disney Channel's 'Wizards of Waverly Place,' in which she plays the goth girlfriend of David Henrie's character Justin Russo.
"It was my first time being in front of a live audience, so I was really nervous. And the character was a lot different from me in real life," she said. "But everyone was so sweet, and the writers are so talented, and the cast is really, really talented. And I'm so happy for everyone's success, like they just won an Emmy. They deserve it."
The TV buff argues that no one is ever too old for the Disney Channel. "You know, everyone is secretly obsessed with the Disney Channel," Lucy said. "Like, I don't care what anyone says. It's always on my TV. Always! I don't know what it is! I think maybe it's a comfort thing. I don't know, but 'Wizards' is hilarious!"
Lucy has definitely been conquering the small screen lately. But make sure to look out for her on the big screen as well. "I'd definitely like to branch out into feature films," she said. And don't be surprised if she's donning fangs.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joan Rivers Was in "Good Spirits," Made Death Jokes During New York Performance Before Emergency Hospitalization: Details
- Beyonce's Dad Mathew Knowles Calls Solange Elevator Incident and Jay Z Divorce Rumors "All a Jedi Mind Trick"
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Through the Years: See the Married Stars in Mrs. and Mrs. Smith and on Red Carpets
- ?Begin Again' With Adam Levine Hits Theaters In Re-Release ? WATCH His Extended Performance Of ?Lost Stars'
- Oral Argument: New Tell-All Claims Katie Couric Joked Diane Sawyer ?Blew' Source For Story
- ?I Needed Help' ? Teen Mom's Catelynn Lowell Opens Up About Her Battle With Depression That Nearly Took Her Life ? ?I Felt Like I'd Be Better Off Dead'
- New Zack Morris: Unauthorized story 'a love letter' to Saved By The Bell
- Pregnant or burrito grande?
- Joan Rivers in intensive care, critical condition at hospital