Lucy Hale Talks Vampires With PopEater
PopEater had the chance to chat with Lucy about catty sorority girls, the Disney Channel, celebrity tweeting, and her newest obsession: 'True Blood.'
"Oh my God. I'm obsessed. Obsessed. It's so good. I'm so sad that we have to wait such a long time for the third season," she said about the HBO series.
For a recent role on 'Private Practice,' Lucy's mother was played by one of Eric's vampire cohorts on the show, Kristen Bauer. "So I just talked about 'True Blood' the whole time and asked her all these questions!" she confessed.
Not only is the 20-year-old actress and singer a huge fan of the vampire craze sweeping television and movies these days, but she was almost part of it.
"I auditioned for 'Twilight," she said. "It was for Ashley Greene's part. She plays Alice. I didn't even have any idea what 'Twilight' was then!"
Lucy may not play a vampire in the upcoming Lifetime movie 'Sorority Wars,' but there's definitely no shortage of drama. "Her mom was in a sorority. She was a Delta. And [Katie] was raised her whole life thinking she was gonna fulfill the legacy and follow in her mom's footsteps," Lucy said. But when she pledges a different sorority, the Deltas pledge to make Katie's life "hell." Watch a preview for 'Sorority Wars' below.
"I don't know if in real life they're this cut-throat," she said. "But in the movie they're definitely a little catty!"
Another obsession-Twitter. Lucy has found that it's a great way to let her fans know about upcoming projects. "I just feel that Twitter is a really good way to broadcast what I'm up to," she said. "For the most part everyone's really supportive. I almost feel like they're my friends!" And with more than 20,000 followers, she sure has a lot of friends.
Lucy has been appearing on TV for years, from a guest spot on 'How I Met Your Mother' to recurring roles on 'Bionic Woman' and 'Privileged.' You may also recognize her from a couple episodes of Disney Channel's 'Wizards of Waverly Place,' in which she plays the goth girlfriend of David Henrie's character Justin Russo.
"It was my first time being in front of a live audience, so I was really nervous. And the character was a lot different from me in real life," she said. "But everyone was so sweet, and the writers are so talented, and the cast is really, really talented. And I'm so happy for everyone's success, like they just won an Emmy. They deserve it."
The TV buff argues that no one is ever too old for the Disney Channel. "You know, everyone is secretly obsessed with the Disney Channel," Lucy said. "Like, I don't care what anyone says. It's always on my TV. Always! I don't know what it is! I think maybe it's a comfort thing. I don't know, but 'Wizards' is hilarious!"
Lucy has definitely been conquering the small screen lately. But make sure to look out for her on the big screen as well. "I'd definitely like to branch out into feature films," she said. And don't be surprised if she's donning fangs.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tori Spelling Confirms Dean McDermott's True Tori Departure; Scott Disick Argues With Kourtney Kardashian Over Need For Space: Top 5 Stories
- President Obama's Teenage Daughters Were Not Impressed During the White House Turkey Pardon -- Watch Their Priceless Reactions
- Jennifer Aniston Calls Justin Theroux Her "Creative Crush", Says He Will Spend 20 Minutes Trying to Scare Her at Night
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Jessica Simpson Shares Adorable Photo of "Wild Turkeys" Maxwell and Ace at the Lake—See the Cute Pic!
- Remembering Paul Walker One Year Later: Cody Walker Reflects on His Brother's Life and Legacy
- Bill Cosby Joke Gone Wrong: Roseanne Barr Tweets Then Deletes Picture Post About Getting Into a "Tussle" With the Actor