Jon and Kate Plus One Misspelled Cake
Jon and Kate Gosselin gave their oh-so bitter divorce brawl a break on Thursday in order to celebrate the birthdays of their twin daughters. Only, it didn't go off without a hitch. Jon brought a cake that had Mady's name misspelled. It had and extra "d."
A store manager told PEOPLE that the cake was ordered FOR the ex-'Jon and Kate Plus 8' star by an unnamed entertainment TV show and that the woman caller spelled out the name wrong. At the store, Jon brought along the cameras and complained about his wife. "She's dividing the family up," he said.
A day earlier, it appeared Jon Gosselin was only going to get to spend a couple of hours with Mady and Cara as they turned 9. "She's trying to prevent me from seeing my kids on their birthday because she doesn't want to see me," he said on Wednesday.
But Kate Gosselin apparently relented and allowed the dad to stay the whole day. Outside their Pennsylvania property, Jon described the visit as "cordial."
"I'm staying until the kids go to bed," he said during a break in the visit. "We're trying to be cordial for Mady and Cara."
According to RadarOnline.com, some members of the media were tipped off by Jon himself ... in exchange for a fee. If true, it would appear ironic considering his recent -- and successful -- attempts to shut down filming of the pair's reality show.
Entertainment Tonight reports Jon gave Mady a laptop computer, and Cara an ATV.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vacation Review: Chris Hemsworth Shamelessly Steals the Nostalgia-Filled Comedy, Ed Helms Perfectly Cast as Rusty Griswold
- Carole Radziwill Pens Open Letter After Emotional RHONY Episode: "I Was Reluctant" to Tell This Story
- Taylor Swift Meets Godson, Jaime King's Baby Leo: Adorable Photos!
- Keith Richards documentary, solo album debut same day
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen pondering 'Fuller House' role, Netflix boss says
- ABC's David Muir and NBC's Lester Holt neck-and-neck
- What Will Happen to Whitney Houston's Estate Following the Death of Bobbi Kristina Brown? Watch and Find Out
- Coco Admits Her Pregnancy Has Been "Easy Breezy" So Far, Explains Why She Waited to Have First Child—Watch!
- Tyler Perry Is Speechless After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death—Plus, Funeral Details Are Revealed