The Curious Lohan Intervention Claims
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 9th 2009 08:21AM
Michael Lohan has never been one to shy away from making should-be-private statements in public or to the press. He often delves into his family life and the actions of his daughters and wife while giving interviews rather than just having the conversation directly with the person. So, while it shouldn't be surprising to hear about his new interview with RadarOnline in which he claims the Lohans are staging an intervention for daughter Lindsay Lohan, this subject matter is even more questionable than the rest.
Should the Lohans indeed be staging an intervention for Lindsay -- who Michael claims has an addiction to painkillers and prescription drugs -- would airing the possibility of it in the media help accomplish it? Maybe we're just fooled by things we've seen and read about interventions, but the element of surprise and shock seems to always play a big part in getting one to realize their ways.
I had a conversation with her, her mother and everyone...over the next couple of weeks I'm going to be doing things in a pretty public way," Lohan tells Radar about the impending intervention.
The Lohan patriarch says the reason he's taking this issue public is because "when Lindsay doesn't adhere or listen to what I say about serious situations, I feel I have to speak publicly to put pressure on her." Lohan continues, saying that if Lindsay doesn't listen to him, "the more pressure I put on her, the more likely she is to eventually do the right thing."
Designed By Lindsay
Lindsay Lohan is seen here at the 'Mario de Janeiro Testino' book launch on October 5, 2009 in Paris, France. Click for More Lindsay Pics >>>
Michael Lohan says that he just needed ex-wife Dina on board for the intervention to take place, but that she was not cooperating. Dina blasted her ex-husband in the New York Post on Friday, saying: "I can't change Michael to make him do the right thing -- that's up to him and God. But it is hurtful for a child for her own father, whom she has no relationship with, to say things in public about her like that."
Lohan and Lindsay have had a strained relationship for many years thanks to his various jailings and other issues. He was recently arrested in May for making threatening phone calls to his girlfriend.
Just last month, Lindsay discussed her father's public doings during an interview with Access Hollywood, saying that she doesn't involve herself in her father's life anymore."I've seen enough of it in the past and I no longer want to deal with any of that," she said.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Leonardo DiCaprio spotted partying with 25 models, source says
- Ali Lohan reportedly launching country music career
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Tim McGraw: Fan Altercation in Atlanta Was "an Unfortunate Situation"
- The Simpsons Marathon: FXX to Air Every Episode in Chronological Order
- Auschwitz Selfie Teen Breanna Mitchell Defends Picture: "I Don't Think I Would Do Anything Different"
- Madonna’s Underage Teenage Daughter Says She ‘Awkwardly Avoided Teachers’ At Prom After Drinking Champagne
- Reality Showdown! Producers Now Deciding Between Fan-Favorite ?Bachelorette' Alum Arie Luyendyk Jr. And Andi Dorfman Cast-Off Chris Soules In Next Bachelor Casting
- Marriage Rocks! Courtney Bingham & Nikki Sixx Feathering Their Nest For Baby