'Southland' Sunk By Gun-Shy NBC
Michael Cudlitz, who plays McKenzie's partner on the series, showed his anger for the decision on his Twitter feed and urged fans to hound NBC. "Don't go quietly. People need to know when they f--k up this big ... Dumb f---ing people. Call NBC and ask them where the promos are. I am serious."
Cudlitz said that despite NBC's decision, the show is still in production. "The shows are very, very good ... They have broken their word. I should know better."
He added: "Honestly, not bitter. Kinda pissed. I still believe the show would have done well on Fri."
Watch a Clip From Season One:
The show's executive producer released a statement, letting fans know he'll be searching for a new network.
"I'm disappointed that NBC no longer has the time periods available to support the kind of critically-acclaimed series that was for so many years, a hallmark of their success. We remain extremely proud of Southland; and are actively looking for another home for the series."
'Southland' started off strong when it premiered in mid-season on Thursday's at 10 p.m. But despite solid reviews, the ratings sagged.
So, what will be aired at 9 now on Fridays? The much-cheaper-to-produce newsmagazine, 'Dateline.' No word on if the network will air any of the six finished episodes.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Eric Hill Dead: Bachelorette Contestant Dies After Paragliding Accident; Rumer Willis Flashes Underwear: Top Stories
- Ryan Seacrest Celebrates Decade On Radio With New TV Special
- Olivia Wilde Gives Birth to Son Otis Alexander Sudeikis, Welcomes First Child With Jason Sudeikis
- California high court won't review conviction of Michael Jackson's doctor
- Hollywood sex abuse suit: Theater producer denies allegations
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies after parachute accident