Valerie Bertinelli Feels Rejected by Son
In an interview with Ladies' Home Journal, the actress and Jenny Craig spokeswoman reveals yet another difficult transition -- watching her son become an adult.
"My son doesn't always want me around as much as I want to be around him," she writes in her new book 'Finding It.'
Wolfgang, 18, is now the bassist for Van Halen, and is also in his first serious relationship. Bertinelli confesses that she feels rejected when there isn't a seat for her on the band's private jet.
On the upside, Valerie and ex-husband Eddie have reconnected since their bitter divorce in 2007, and she now considers him a good friend.
"Tom (her current boyfriend) and I even sat in the front row at Ed's wedding last summer," she said.
Bertinelli and Van Halen were married for 26 years, before things fell apart.
In an interview with Oprah Winfrey last year, Bertinelli acknowledged that both she and Van Halen were to blame for the breakdown of their marriage.
"I cheated. He claims to this day that I cheated first, but I don't know. I don't know about the timing," she told Oprah.
In the Ladies' Home Journal interview, the 'One Day at a Time' star also talks about coming to terms with body issues.
"I've realized I'm more important than food is. I love a big slice of pizza. But I love myself more," she says in the issue. "Being thin is about changing the way you think about yourself. It's about saying you deserve to be healthy. In no way have I perfected this eating thing, and I don't know that I ever will. But life is about making progress. It's not about perfection."
She also defends Kirstie Alley -- former spokeswoman of Jenny Craig -- for her weight gain.
"I understand it. What woman doesn't?" she says. "I told her to come work out with me. You need support. Otherwise it's 'I'll start tomorrow, then tomorrow,' and tomorrow never comes."
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Audrina Patridge, Corey Bohan Split After Five Years Together: Former Hills Star, BMX Pro Break Up
- Bachelorette Guy Cry: See Andi Dorfman's Men at Their Most Emotional
- Martha Stewart Explains Her Friendship with Blake Lively, Says The Actress is "Very Shy in Person"
- Parental Injustice? Jenny McCarthy's Son Has Called The Cops On Her MULTIPLE Times ? Find Out Why!
- All Grown Up! Cole Sprouse Who Played Ben In ?Friends' Is Now 21 ? Proceed To Feel Insanely Old
- Don't Speak! Kendra Wilkinson Still Not Wearing Wedding Ring, Avoids Questions Amidst Family-Ordered Silence
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- Anthony Anderson 'Eats America'
- Crazy characters at Comic Con 2014
- I Waited in a Line for 3 Hours at Comic-Con Just to Buy a Sweatshirt
- Elizabeth Banks Thinks She's "Genetically Blessed," Says Working Moms Can Balance Life Better Than Working Dads
- Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino Agrees to 12 Weeks of Anger Management in Tanning Salon Assault Case