Valerie Bertinelli Feels Rejected by Son
In an interview with Ladies' Home Journal, the actress and Jenny Craig spokeswoman reveals yet another difficult transition -- watching her son become an adult.
"My son doesn't always want me around as much as I want to be around him," she writes in her new book 'Finding It.'
Wolfgang, 18, is now the bassist for Van Halen, and is also in his first serious relationship. Bertinelli confesses that she feels rejected when there isn't a seat for her on the band's private jet.
On the upside, Valerie and ex-husband Eddie have reconnected since their bitter divorce in 2007, and she now considers him a good friend.
"Tom (her current boyfriend) and I even sat in the front row at Ed's wedding last summer," she said.
Bertinelli and Van Halen were married for 26 years, before things fell apart.
In an interview with Oprah Winfrey last year, Bertinelli acknowledged that both she and Van Halen were to blame for the breakdown of their marriage.
"I cheated. He claims to this day that I cheated first, but I don't know. I don't know about the timing," she told Oprah.
In the Ladies' Home Journal interview, the 'One Day at a Time' star also talks about coming to terms with body issues.
"I've realized I'm more important than food is. I love a big slice of pizza. But I love myself more," she says in the issue. "Being thin is about changing the way you think about yourself. It's about saying you deserve to be healthy. In no way have I perfected this eating thing, and I don't know that I ever will. But life is about making progress. It's not about perfection."
She also defends Kirstie Alley -- former spokeswoman of Jenny Craig -- for her weight gain.
"I understand it. What woman doesn't?" she says. "I told her to come work out with me. You need support. Otherwise it's 'I'll start tomorrow, then tomorrow,' and tomorrow never comes."
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince William Visits Malta in Place of Kate Middleton, Updates Crowd on Her Condition
- Jeremy Roloff Marries Audrey Mirabella Botti: Little People, Big World Wedding Photo
- Polly Bergen Dead: Actress and Singer Dies at 84
- New Shocker: Bruce Jenner Appears To Wear Spanx For Golf Outing SEE The Jaw-Dropping Photos
- Kim's Worst Nightmare: Racy Naked Selfies Of Kardashian Leak Online
- Mariah Carey reportedly leaning on director Brett Ratner for support
- U2 guitarist, The Edge has the edge in building his long-planned compound in Malibu
- Alicia Keys, Tyne Daly and Harry Belafonte memorialize Ruby Dee
- 6 Things We Were Obsessed With While Watching Beyoncé and Jay Z's On the Run HBO Special
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana Pole Dances at the Airport With Husband Marco Perego—See the Hilarious Video!
- Little People, Big World Star Jeremy Roloff Marries Audrey Botti—Get the Details on Their Farm Wedding!