PopEater Poll Results: What You Think About David Letterman
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 11th 2009 09:09AM
A little over a week ago, the news broke that David Letterman had several affairs over the years with female staffers of 'The Late Show.' His admission came because the comedian was allegedly the victim of an attempted extortion plot. What followed were several public apologies, including one to his wife Regina Lasko. But how do PopEater readers feel about the scandal? Thanks to the hundreds of thousands of PopEater faithful who voted on the most burning questions about Letterman this week.* Now it's time to see which side they took. Click Inside to See the Votes * Some Poll Results May Have Changed Since Our Last Tallies
· Right after Letterman revealed the affair and extortion plot, we wanted to know if our readers were surprised by his confession. And 72 percent of over 196K were not. Get the Story and Vote
· But are people calling for him to be fired? Actually, no. Seventy-one percent of over 245K think the late-night host should keep his job. Get the Story and Vote
· Furthermore, 75 percent of over 72K voters don't think this situation will cause the show to lose viewers. Get the Story and Vote
· In fact, it's the extortion plot that 59 percent over over 67K readers believe will be remembered the most. Get the Story and Vote
· On Oct. 5, Letterman used his monologue to apologize to his wife, Regina Lasko. Sixty-nine percent of our readers didn't think he looked comfortable addressing the scandal, but a 55 percent majority agreed that he appeared sincere giving it. Get the Story and Vote
· Surprisingly enough, 57 percent of over 20K PopEater readers think the story will actually help him in the long run. Get the Story and Vote
· And it's not even doing that much damage to his reputation. Of over 75K, 63 percent say that their opinion of Dave hasn't changed at all.
· Finally, when asked if they thought he should be punished for his actions, 62 percent voted no.
Dave and His Guests
Actress Kristin Davis visits the ''Late Show With David Letterman'' at the Ed Sullivan Theater on October 8, 2009 in New York City. Kristin Davis Visits "Late Show With David Letterman" - October 8, 2009 Ed Sullivan Theater New York, NY United States October 8, 2009 Photo by Jeffrey Ufberg/WireImage.com To license this image (58591651), contact WireImage.com
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Sex That's SFW -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Polls: How You Voted on Big Stories
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jessica Simpson's Son Ace Knute Turns 2, Channels Harry Styles' Hair in Cute Photo
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner Were in Couples Therapy "For Years," Nearly Divorced Before
- Jennifer Aniston, Kate Hudson Set to Join Julia Roberts in Stellar Cast for New Movie Mother's Day
- Bella Thorne balances her career and being a teenager
- Lori Loughlin displays amazing abs at age 50
- Justin Bieber attends church conference in Sydney
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Lovely in Lace While Attending Broadway Play With Gal Pal in New York City
- Exclusive Photos—See the Veronica Mars Cast Reunite for a Great Cause!
- So Who's the Killer on MTV's Scream? The Cast and Showrunners Spill Dark Secrets about Ghostface