PopEater Poll Results: What You Think About David Letterman
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 11th 2009 09:09AM
A little over a week ago, the news broke that David Letterman had several affairs over the years with female staffers of 'The Late Show.' His admission came because the comedian was allegedly the victim of an attempted extortion plot. What followed were several public apologies, including one to his wife Regina Lasko. But how do PopEater readers feel about the scandal? Thanks to the hundreds of thousands of PopEater faithful who voted on the most burning questions about Letterman this week.* Now it's time to see which side they took. Click Inside to See the Votes * Some Poll Results May Have Changed Since Our Last Tallies
· Right after Letterman revealed the affair and extortion plot, we wanted to know if our readers were surprised by his confession. And 72 percent of over 196K were not. Get the Story and Vote
· But are people calling for him to be fired? Actually, no. Seventy-one percent of over 245K think the late-night host should keep his job. Get the Story and Vote
· Furthermore, 75 percent of over 72K voters don't think this situation will cause the show to lose viewers. Get the Story and Vote
· In fact, it's the extortion plot that 59 percent over over 67K readers believe will be remembered the most. Get the Story and Vote
· On Oct. 5, Letterman used his monologue to apologize to his wife, Regina Lasko. Sixty-nine percent of our readers didn't think he looked comfortable addressing the scandal, but a 55 percent majority agreed that he appeared sincere giving it. Get the Story and Vote
· Surprisingly enough, 57 percent of over 20K PopEater readers think the story will actually help him in the long run. Get the Story and Vote
· And it's not even doing that much damage to his reputation. Of over 75K, 63 percent say that their opinion of Dave hasn't changed at all.
· Finally, when asked if they thought he should be punished for his actions, 62 percent voted no.
Dave and His Guests
Actress Kristin Davis visits the ''Late Show With David Letterman'' at the Ed Sullivan Theater on October 8, 2009 in New York City. Kristin Davis Visits "Late Show With David Letterman" - October 8, 2009 Ed Sullivan Theater New York, NY United States October 8, 2009 Photo by Jeffrey Ufberg/WireImage.com To license this image (58591651), contact WireImage.com
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Sex That's SFW -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Polls: How You Voted on Big Stories
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bradley Cooper, Jimmy Fallon Can't Quit Giggling in Funny Interview: Watch Now!
- Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa, Woman Stuck in Chimney of Her Online Boyfriend's House, Rescued, Arrested
- Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles Exclusive Sneak Peek: Wedding Planning Goes on Hold When Heather Bilyeu Realizes Josh Altman Has Changed
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Ryan Phillippe: I've only made 5 good movies
- Remember when Carmen Electra married Dennis Rodman...
- 'Women in War': Soldiers, pilots, spies - you name it, women do it
- The Flash's Robbie Amell Plans to Re-Watch Alias to Perfect His Victor Garber Impression for Firestorm
- Oscar de La Renta Remembered by Anna Wintour, Diane von Furstenberg, Hillary Clinton and More Stars
- Downton Abbey Season 5 Trailer Promises "Bad" Secrets and Major Drama—Watch Now!