PopEater's Week in TV Highlights
The week in TV belonged to David Letterman. It's Dave's world, we just live in it and happily view it, sending his numbers through the roof. Let's reminisce about Dave, and see what else happened on the tube. SPOILER ALERT!
Sunday: 'Mad Men' Gets Hot and Heavy. As Borat would say, "Everyone likes sexytime!" The cast of the sixties throwback seemed to be getting extra randy. Don and Betty Draper's romantic excursion in Rome exuded hot hot heat but was instantly chilled the minute they returned home. Pete, who was lonely, drunk, and mean, harassed the neighboring German au pair into sleeping with him after fixing her dress, and then Pete himself cried in a bout of self-pity when his wife returned home. His wife might feel sorry for him, but we don't.
Monday: Here's Dave! Apologizing! Again! As you know, David Letterman's mea culpas are providing an astute guideline for other sex scandal-suffering politicians and public figures. Not all of the scandal-plagued are blessed with their own talk show where they can speak directly to the viewers, giving a refreshingly unvarnished, unflinching peek inside their public humiliation. Dave's self-effacing opening monologue would have been enough (complete with an Sanford-Appalachian trail reference), but he took it one step further behind the desk with an honest apology to his wife and his staff. He was rewarded with 5.7 million viewers.
Monday: Jon Gosselin gets his hiney handed to him on 'The Insider' by Nancy Grace. Trying to set the record straight, Gosselin went on to defend himself after being accused of emptying out he and Kate's joint bank account of over $200,000, leaving her with just $1,000. Grace laid into him hard: "You can't go out with one 22-year-old after the next while she's at home with the children and say you want to work it out. That's not working it out, Jon Gosselin." Jon returned on Wednesday for a second round of well-deserved brow-beating.
Wednesday: Tom Delay delays his tap dancing carer. The former Republican Congressman announced that he was going to bow out early from 'Dancing With The Stars' due to a stress fracture. He still did the samba against his doctor's advice, before bowing out.
Thursday: Pam and Jim got married! The cutest couple in television tied the knot and gave everyone a happy ending. They have a ceremony in a church where Michael Scott decides to surprise them. If you guessed that they'd be doing their own version of the Youtube 'Forever' wedding dance, you would be dead on.
Thursday: Tracy Morgan joined Twitter. It didn't really happen on television, but he's on television, so we're counting it. After a campaign lobbying the actor to join, the actor finally signed up. Judging from his first x-rated Tweet, it's bound to be an ongoing source of very important entertainment.
Nick Laham, Getty Images
Chris McGrath, Getty Images
Jon Kopaloff, FilmMagic
Michael Buckner, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Husband's Spreadsheet of Wife's Excuses Not to Have Sex Goes Viral; Cameron Diaz Cuts Radio Interview Short After Host Disses Drew Barrymore: Top 5 Tuesday Stories
- Katherine Webb Shares Bikini Honeymoon Shot, Peek at Wedding to AJ McCarron
- Michael Rapaport Calls Spike Lee a "S--- Stain" During Gentrification Feud
- She's An American Woman In London! Noelle Reno Dishes About Life, Work And Reality Show ?Ladies Of London'
- Madonna’s Underage Teenage Daughter Says She ‘Awkwardly Avoided Teachers’ At Prom After Drinking Champagne
- Reality Showdown! Producers Now Deciding Between Fan-Favorite ?Bachelorette' Alum Arie Luyendyk Jr. And Andi Dorfman Cast-Off Chris Soules In Next Bachelor Casting
- Leonardo DiCaprio spotted partying with 25 models, source says
- Ali Lohan reportedly launching country music career
- FOX411's pic of the day