PopEater's Week in TV Highlights
The week in TV belonged to David Letterman. It's Dave's world, we just live in it and happily view it, sending his numbers through the roof. Let's reminisce about Dave, and see what else happened on the tube. SPOILER ALERT!
Sunday: 'Mad Men' Gets Hot and Heavy. As Borat would say, "Everyone likes sexytime!" The cast of the sixties throwback seemed to be getting extra randy. Don and Betty Draper's romantic excursion in Rome exuded hot hot heat but was instantly chilled the minute they returned home. Pete, who was lonely, drunk, and mean, harassed the neighboring German au pair into sleeping with him after fixing her dress, and then Pete himself cried in a bout of self-pity when his wife returned home. His wife might feel sorry for him, but we don't.
Monday: Here's Dave! Apologizing! Again! As you know, David Letterman's mea culpas are providing an astute guideline for other sex scandal-suffering politicians and public figures. Not all of the scandal-plagued are blessed with their own talk show where they can speak directly to the viewers, giving a refreshingly unvarnished, unflinching peek inside their public humiliation. Dave's self-effacing opening monologue would have been enough (complete with an Sanford-Appalachian trail reference), but he took it one step further behind the desk with an honest apology to his wife and his staff. He was rewarded with 5.7 million viewers.
Monday: Jon Gosselin gets his hiney handed to him on 'The Insider' by Nancy Grace. Trying to set the record straight, Gosselin went on to defend himself after being accused of emptying out he and Kate's joint bank account of over $200,000, leaving her with just $1,000. Grace laid into him hard: "You can't go out with one 22-year-old after the next while she's at home with the children and say you want to work it out. That's not working it out, Jon Gosselin." Jon returned on Wednesday for a second round of well-deserved brow-beating.
Wednesday: Tom Delay delays his tap dancing carer. The former Republican Congressman announced that he was going to bow out early from 'Dancing With The Stars' due to a stress fracture. He still did the samba against his doctor's advice, before bowing out.
Thursday: Pam and Jim got married! The cutest couple in television tied the knot and gave everyone a happy ending. They have a ceremony in a church where Michael Scott decides to surprise them. If you guessed that they'd be doing their own version of the Youtube 'Forever' wedding dance, you would be dead on.
Thursday: Tracy Morgan joined Twitter. It didn't really happen on television, but he's on television, so we're counting it. After a campaign lobbying the actor to join, the actor finally signed up. Judging from his first x-rated Tweet, it's bound to be an ongoing source of very important entertainment.
Nick Laham, Getty Images
Chris McGrath, Getty Images
Jon Kopaloff, FilmMagic
Michael Buckner, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nikki Ferrell Blasts Bachelorette Producers: They "Told Nick to Say That"
- Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Trey Songz, Cozy up for Picture at House Party
- Bachelorette After the Final Rose Recap: Andi Dorfman's Runner-Up Confronts Her About "Making Love" to Him
- Out Of Kontrol! Teenagers Kendall & Kylie Jenner Cozy Up To Controversial Chris Brown ? Have They Gone Too Far?
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Andi says 'Yes!' in dramatic season finale
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- Anthony Anderson 'Eats America'
- Teen Wolf Recap: Everybody's Getting Killed And/Or Thrown Down Wells! – Plus, Is [SPOILER!] Dying?
- The Bachelorette Finale: Find Out Who Wins, Who Loses It, & Who Cries – Plus, a Fantasy Suite Secret Revealed!
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Unintentionally Give the Cameras Their Best Blue Steel Face and Kill It!