Star: Polanski's Loved Because He's White
During an appearance on 'The Insider,' Jones let loose on Polanski, who was recently arrested after fleeing America to dodge charges he admitted to more than 30 years ago. Jones took little time to get right into her thoughts, saying that she has "no sympathy for him. He's in jail, three hots and a cot, that's what you're supposed to get."
And she was just getting started.
Jones went on to say: "Something tells me Spike Lee would not have been allowed to chill in France for the last three decades had he admitted to having sex with a 13-year-old." She continued, questioning why Polanski, despite his admission of the crime, has the support of many in Hollywood.
"The point is, Roman Polanski is very much loved by the Hollywood industry, community, and they are out there putting petitions together."
When questioned by a fellow panel member as to whether she thinks it's just race involved, Jones clarified her stance by saying: "Not just because he's white, because he's white, he's rich ... I didn't stutter. I think it's a class and a privilege thing."
Polanski is currently in a Swiss jail as he awaits possible extradition to the U.S.
John Shearer, WireImage
Albert L. Ortega, WireImage
Monroe County Sheriff's Office / AP
Kirsty Wigglesworth, AP
Gabriel Bouys, AFP / Getty Images
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Andrew H. Walker, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Star Trek' does $70.6M on opening weekend, but falls short of studio's expectations
- Taylor Swift shines at Billboard Music Awards
- Twilight time for Stewart, Pattinson?
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Tyrion Delivers a Shocking Speech
- '30 Rock' Star Katrina Bowden Marries
- 'The East's' Brit Marling Shares Career Struggles With Georgetown Seniors (Video)
- EW's Bite of the Night: Submit your favorite quote from tonight's best TV!
- ?Game of Thrones': OK Cupid reveals which characters are most compatible
- ?Saturday Night Live' finale recap: Ben Affleck shines, but Stefon and Fred Armisen steal the show
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2
- 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)