Star: Polanski's Loved Because He's White
During an appearance on 'The Insider,' Jones let loose on Polanski, who was recently arrested after fleeing America to dodge charges he admitted to more than 30 years ago. Jones took little time to get right into her thoughts, saying that she has "no sympathy for him. He's in jail, three hots and a cot, that's what you're supposed to get."
And she was just getting started.
Jones went on to say: "Something tells me Spike Lee would not have been allowed to chill in France for the last three decades had he admitted to having sex with a 13-year-old." She continued, questioning why Polanski, despite his admission of the crime, has the support of many in Hollywood.
"The point is, Roman Polanski is very much loved by the Hollywood industry, community, and they are out there putting petitions together."
When questioned by a fellow panel member as to whether she thinks it's just race involved, Jones clarified her stance by saying: "Not just because he's white, because he's white, he's rich ... I didn't stutter. I think it's a class and a privilege thing."
Polanski is currently in a Swiss jail as he awaits possible extradition to the U.S.
John Shearer, WireImage
Albert L. Ortega, WireImage
Monroe County Sheriff's Office / AP
Kirsty Wigglesworth, AP
Gabriel Bouys, AFP / Getty Images
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Andrew H. Walker, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'X Factor' U.K. Host Dermot O'Leary Quits
- Focus Sets Fall Release Date for Meryl Streep's 'Suffragette'
- 'Bloodline' Star on Family Dynamics: "There's Already So Much Resentment"
- Are You Ready to 'Fear the Walking Dead'?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale Preview: 7 Burning Questions
- 'Home' Review: 5 Things Every Parent Needs to Know