Treason! Fellow Jersey Boy Apologizes to Braff for Suicide Hoax
Braff, 34, came forward on Monday to dispute the story in a video on his Facebook page, proclaiming "I'm alive!" and slamming the author of the article for "making my mom upset." Before long, he got an apology.
"There was a big Internet rumor today that I was dead ... that I OD'd on some pills. It's not the case, I'm here at 'Scrubs' shooting the new 'Scrubs' title sequence, which is a little bit like dying, so I guess that was semi-accurate."
"A couple of inaccuracies you should have noticed when you saw the thing, if you believed it -- the dude said I was found in my 32,000 square foot estate in Beverly Hills - but I'm not Oprah! That's a big house!"
The 'Garden State' star then singled out whomever pulled the stunt: "I just want to say to the douchebag who started this: You win my first ever douche of the day award for making my mom upset!"
The lucky recipient of Braff's award was fellow New Jersey native Chris Laganella, who posted an apology to the actor on his Web site.
Laganella says he made the Onion-esque spoof back in 2007 and never intended for it be made public. "I'm sorry if I scared everyone," he writes.
He continues: "Zach, sorry if you got offended by me posting a fake suicide about you on the Internet. Your 32,000 square foot house would be pretty empty without you. Thanks for (apparently) taking it lightly, since I haven't gotten a letter about a lawsuit yet. Just so you know, I'm a huge fan; that's the only reason I made this page, believe it or not. Also, sorry for upsetting your mother :("
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Ethan Miller, Getty Images
Chung Sung-Jun, Getty Images
Robert Marquardt, WireImage
Michael Caulfield, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa Rivers Inherits Over $100 Million of Joan Rivers' Estate; Matthew McConaughey Hits Red Carpet With Adorable Kids: Top 5 Stories
- Jennifer Lopez Buys $22 Million New York City Apartment Next Door to Chelsea Clinton: Details
- Bewitched Reboot Scores NBC Deal: New Show Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter Daphne
- Hank Baskett Caught Wearing Wedding Band While Grocery Shopping ? After Kendra Kicked Him To The Curb
- Jodi Arias Seeking Help From Admirers To Help Raise $250,000 For Appeals ? Has Already Raised $30,000
- Jason Aldean's new album features 'honest' tunes
- James Franco and Megan Fox offer no explanation for bloody photo
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Tyga Disses Drake by Calling Him "Fake," Sets the Record Straight on Kylie Jenner Dating Rumors
- Sorry, Clown Club! AHS Introduces Yet Another Creepy Clown: Our Rants and Raves
- Elizabeth Hurley Gets in the Disney Spirit During Mother-Son London Outing—See the Pic!