Treason! Fellow Jersey Boy Apologizes to Braff for Suicide Hoax
Braff, 34, came forward on Monday to dispute the story in a video on his Facebook page, proclaiming "I'm alive!" and slamming the author of the article for "making my mom upset." Before long, he got an apology.
"There was a big Internet rumor today that I was dead ... that I OD'd on some pills. It's not the case, I'm here at 'Scrubs' shooting the new 'Scrubs' title sequence, which is a little bit like dying, so I guess that was semi-accurate."
"A couple of inaccuracies you should have noticed when you saw the thing, if you believed it -- the dude said I was found in my 32,000 square foot estate in Beverly Hills - but I'm not Oprah! That's a big house!"
The 'Garden State' star then singled out whomever pulled the stunt: "I just want to say to the douchebag who started this: You win my first ever douche of the day award for making my mom upset!"
The lucky recipient of Braff's award was fellow New Jersey native Chris Laganella, who posted an apology to the actor on his Web site.
Laganella says he made the Onion-esque spoof back in 2007 and never intended for it be made public. "I'm sorry if I scared everyone," he writes.
He continues: "Zach, sorry if you got offended by me posting a fake suicide about you on the Internet. Your 32,000 square foot house would be pretty empty without you. Thanks for (apparently) taking it lightly, since I haven't gotten a letter about a lawsuit yet. Just so you know, I'm a huge fan; that's the only reason I made this page, believe it or not. Also, sorry for upsetting your mother :("
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Ethan Miller, Getty Images
Chung Sung-Jun, Getty Images
Robert Marquardt, WireImage
Michael Caulfield, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fifty Shades of Grey New Trailer: Christian Grey Asks "Do You Trust Me?"
- Jennifer Aniston's Cake Costar Camille Guaty on Her Weight Gain: People Thought She Was Pregnant!
- Harry Styles: Did He Send Taylor Swift 1,989 Red Roses? Watch Tell All in Video!
- Kim Richards Dog Victim Says ?I Don't Believe' She Gave Pitbull To Trainer For Good ? Lawsuit Gets Ugly
- Polish town bans Winnie the Pooh mascot from playground for being hermaphrodite
- Rapper facing life in prison for 'promoting gang violence' on album cover
- Britain still grappling with barrage of celebrity sex abuse