Captain Lou Albano Dies at 76
On Monday, his family told the Miami Herald that Albano had been placed under hospice care for an undisclosed condition. They made it clear it was not cancer, though Albano suffered a heart attack in May 2005.
Watch Captain Lou in Lauper's 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun':
Albano, real name Louis Vincent Albano, began his career as a wrestler, but later found his groove as an antagonistic manager and coach to several WWF (since renamed WWE) tag team champions, including the Masked Executioners and the Wild Samoans. He retired in 1995 and a year later was inducted into the WWF Hall of Fame.
But his biggest contribution to pop culture came with his partnership with Lauper. In the 1980s, Captain Lou Albano appeared in the singer's 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun,' 'She Bop' and 'Time After Time' videos.
This partnership helped kick off the Rock 'n Wrestling project that helped popularize the then-small time wrestling federation to national prominence.
His acting career also included roles in 'Miami Vice,' '227' and the 1987 wrestling movie, 'Body Slam.'
GAB Archive / Redferns / Getty Images
Ian Gavan, Getty Images
Richard Drew, AP
John Parra, WireImage
Blue Music Group
J. Walter Green, AP
Lici Beveridge, Jonesboro Sun / AP
Jeremy Fletcher, Redferns / Getty Images
Rusty Kennedy, AP
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Leonardo DiCaprio spotted partying with 25 models, source says
- Ali Lohan reportedly launching country music career
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chris Harrison blogs ?The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All'
- Listen: Kate Hudson shares her favorite ?Overboard' lines and so much more
- ?RHONY' Star Aviva Drescher Explains Why She Threw Her Prosthetic Leg
- Hot Trailer! One Direction Is Headed to a Theater Near You!
- Extra Scoop: Lindsay Lohan's Kissing Partner Revealed
- Amanda de Cadenet: Chelsea Handler Inspired My New Lifetime Talk Show!
- Rachel McAdams Cringes While Watching Notebook Audition Tape for the First Time Ever on the Today Show
- Jenny McCarthy Jokes About Hillary Clinton's Sexuality on The View, Implies She's Had Girlfriends