NFL Ad Takes Aim at Simpson's Weight
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 14th 2009 05:38PM
Poor Jessica Simpson. Even cartoon characters are criticizing her body.
The singer-actress' weight is the subject of an animated commercial that aired during FOX NFL Sunday on Oct. 11.
Both FOX and sponsor Burger King have released statements apologizing for the harsh ribbing.
A rep for FOX tells Usmagazine.com, "Burger King Corp. did not have any editorial input in the creation of the animation that ran last Sunday, and no one from Burger King Corp. approved it before it aired. Upon reflection, our poor attempt at humor was insensitive and we deeply apologize to anyone who might have been offended."
Burger King adds: "Burger King Corp. has a long-standing relationship with FOX Sports, as well as an extensive media partnership with the network. The specific content for this sketch involving Jessica Simpson was not developed or aired by BKC or any of its agencies."
The "poor attempt at humor" was a cartoon of the Dallas Cowboys that showed some of the players making fun of Simpson's figure.
"Man I still can't believe Tony dated Jessica Simpson, even AFTER she blew up bigger than Flozell Adams!" the animated Marion Barber said in the sketch, in reference to his teammate and Jessica's ex Tony Romo. (Adams is an offensive tackle for Dallas.)
"Unlike Tony, at least Jessica comes up big when it counts!" Jason Whitten's cartoon added.
Then Romo comes in. 'Guys, I'm standing right here."
"Sorry Tony," coach Wade Phillips said. "Say Tony, is Jessica around? We could use a defensive tackle!"
Jessica Simpson Snapshots
Actress/singer Jessica Simpson attends the 16th Annual QVC Presents FFANY Shoes On Sale event at Frederick P. Rose Hall, Jazz at Lincoln Center on October 13, 2009 in New York City.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian's corset selfie raises questions: How dangerous is the practice of corseting?
- Sheri Moon Zombie impressed by horror fans who dress up as her
- Best and worst celebrity Halloween costumes
- Shock Report: Why Mama June Really Wanted Anna to Join 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'
- Amanda Bynes Released from Psych Hold, Spotted Alone on Sunset Blvd.
- Allison Sweeney Leaving ?Days of Our Lives' for ?General Hospital'? as a Director!
- Kate Hudson Leads Sexy Biker Gang as Mother of Anarchy for Halloween: See Her Ab-Baring Leather Costume
- Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan's 2014 Halloween Costumes: Kimye, Peter Pan, Zombies, and More!
- Honey Boo Boo's Anna Cardwell on What She Would Say to Alleged Child Molester: "Leave or I'm Gonna Call the Cops"