NFL Ad Takes Aim at Simpson's Weight
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 14th 2009 05:38PM
Poor Jessica Simpson. Even cartoon characters are criticizing her body.
The singer-actress' weight is the subject of an animated commercial that aired during FOX NFL Sunday on Oct. 11.
Both FOX and sponsor Burger King have released statements apologizing for the harsh ribbing.
A rep for FOX tells Usmagazine.com, "Burger King Corp. did not have any editorial input in the creation of the animation that ran last Sunday, and no one from Burger King Corp. approved it before it aired. Upon reflection, our poor attempt at humor was insensitive and we deeply apologize to anyone who might have been offended."
Burger King adds: "Burger King Corp. has a long-standing relationship with FOX Sports, as well as an extensive media partnership with the network. The specific content for this sketch involving Jessica Simpson was not developed or aired by BKC or any of its agencies."
The "poor attempt at humor" was a cartoon of the Dallas Cowboys that showed some of the players making fun of Simpson's figure.
"Man I still can't believe Tony dated Jessica Simpson, even AFTER she blew up bigger than Flozell Adams!" the animated Marion Barber said in the sketch, in reference to his teammate and Jessica's ex Tony Romo. (Adams is an offensive tackle for Dallas.)
"Unlike Tony, at least Jessica comes up big when it counts!" Jason Whitten's cartoon added.
Then Romo comes in. 'Guys, I'm standing right here."
"Sorry Tony," coach Wade Phillips said. "Say Tony, is Jessica around? We could use a defensive tackle!"
Jessica Simpson Snapshots
Actress/singer Jessica Simpson attends the 16th Annual QVC Presents FFANY Shoes On Sale event at Frederick P. Rose Hall, Jazz at Lincoln Center on October 13, 2009 in New York City.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kristen Stewart says she can't act well if she doesn't 'vibe' with costar
- Hello Kitty not a cat, expert says
- 'Cops' crew member killed by police officers
- Marvel will reissue all those Dark Horse ?Star Wars' comics that didn't really happen
- Hello Kitty isn't a cat, but is anything really anything anymore, man?
- H. Jon Benjamin makes a crazy Kenny Loggins Kickstarter even crazier
- Extra Scoop: Meet Prince Harry's New GF, Camilla Thurlow!
- Aaron Paul's Wife Lauren Talks Kind Campaign
- Help Send 'Serrano' the Musical to Broadway!
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Will Shoot "Crazy Sex Scenes" Together in Upcoming Film; 50 Cent Surprises Chelsea Handler During Finale: Top 5 Stories
- Chris O'Dowd Reveals His Wife Dawn is Pregnant, Nominates His Unborn Child in Ice Bucket Challenge Video
- Scott Disick Was Shocked, Speechless After Kourtney Kardashian Revealed She Was Pregnant With Third Child -- Watch the Clip!