NFL Ad Takes Aim at Simpson's Weight
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 14th 2009 05:38PM
Poor Jessica Simpson. Even cartoon characters are criticizing her body.
The singer-actress' weight is the subject of an animated commercial that aired during FOX NFL Sunday on Oct. 11.
Both FOX and sponsor Burger King have released statements apologizing for the harsh ribbing.
A rep for FOX tells Usmagazine.com, "Burger King Corp. did not have any editorial input in the creation of the animation that ran last Sunday, and no one from Burger King Corp. approved it before it aired. Upon reflection, our poor attempt at humor was insensitive and we deeply apologize to anyone who might have been offended."
Burger King adds: "Burger King Corp. has a long-standing relationship with FOX Sports, as well as an extensive media partnership with the network. The specific content for this sketch involving Jessica Simpson was not developed or aired by BKC or any of its agencies."
The "poor attempt at humor" was a cartoon of the Dallas Cowboys that showed some of the players making fun of Simpson's figure.
"Man I still can't believe Tony dated Jessica Simpson, even AFTER she blew up bigger than Flozell Adams!" the animated Marion Barber said in the sketch, in reference to his teammate and Jessica's ex Tony Romo. (Adams is an offensive tackle for Dallas.)
"Unlike Tony, at least Jessica comes up big when it counts!" Jason Whitten's cartoon added.
Then Romo comes in. 'Guys, I'm standing right here."
"Sorry Tony," coach Wade Phillips said. "Say Tony, is Jessica around? We could use a defensive tackle!"
Jessica Simpson Snapshots
Actress/singer Jessica Simpson attends the 16th Annual QVC Presents FFANY Shoes On Sale event at Frederick P. Rose Hall, Jazz at Lincoln Center on October 13, 2009 in New York City.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- NYPD investigating Amanda Bynes' allegations of sexual assault
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- WATCH: Oprah On Americans Who 'Take Pills Like Candy'
- Roman Polanski's Shocking Words On Women
- Snooki Flaunts Tiny Waist In Sports Bra
- Sorry, folks, Jimmy Kimmel didn't really buy that $1.9 million nude Bea Arthur painting
- PopWatch Confessional TV Jukebox edition: What songs do you wish you'd heard on TV this year?
- Selena Gomez and Jaden Smith Dine in London
- Amanda Bynes Tweets Post-Arrest: 'I Don't Drink or Do Drugs'