Tracy Morgan Rips on 'SNL' Castmates
Come on Tracy. Tell us how you really feel. '30 Rock' star Tracy Morgan lambastes his old 'Saturday Night Live' castmates in his new book according to the New York Daily News.
"None of the cast I came up with saw this future for me," reveals Morgan in 'I Am the New Black,' out next Tuesday. "All I have to say about that is, where's Chris Kattan now? Where's Cheri Oteri now? That b---- can't even get arrested."
"I invited everyone to go down there one week," explains Morgan. "And Tina Fey, Rachel Dratch and a few others came along. I didn't tell any of them what they were in for, so it was all cool when we got there. ... Then these two girls came out onstage and started [engaging in sex acts], and that just shut it down. All the grips and crew guys from 'SNL' were standing around and loving it, but my castmates took one look at that, turned right around and rushed out of there."
Morgan felt misunderstood by the 'SNL' cast. "I had my finger on the pulse of urban comedy, but when I brought my act to 'SNL,' those mother--------- just felt bad for me," confides Morgan. But he does have praise for his '30 Rock' co-star, Tina Fey. "Tina wasn't scared to come into my world and find the funny up in there. She's that kind of cool," he writes.
Morgan also delves into the deeply personal. Coping with diabetes, being estranged from his mother and losing his father to AIDS.
Tracy Morgan, 40, was discovered performing stand-up comedy at Harlem's Apollo Theater and was a member of 'SNL' from 1996 to 2003. He was nominated for an Emmy Award for his work on '30 Rock' in 2009.
Michael N. Todaro, Getty Images
Jemal Countess, Getty Images
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Ethan Miller, Getty Images
Chung Sung-Jun, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Other Woman Cast Is a Modern-Day 90s Girl Group: Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, Kate Upton Coordinate Outfits
- Tori Spelling: I Thought Dean McDermott and I "Had a Very, Very Good Sex Life"
- Diane Keaton Still Friends With Woody Allen After Sex Abuse Scandal: "Nothing's Going to Change That"
- The Show Must Go On! Tori Spelling Insisted Reality Show Go To Air Despite Concern From Lifetime It Would Destroy Her Marriage
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies after parachute accident
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Lisa Robertson reveals more family sex abuse
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chris Hemsworth's Wife Elsa Pataky Talks Post-Baby Ab Workout, Shares Fave Green Juice Recipe
- Bachelorette's Eric Hill: 5 Things to Know About the Late Reality Star
- This Sorority Girl Wrote the Most Explicit Email We've Ever Read (We Can't Even Print the Whole Thing!)