Tracy Morgan Rips on 'SNL' Castmates
Come on Tracy. Tell us how you really feel. '30 Rock' star Tracy Morgan lambastes his old 'Saturday Night Live' castmates in his new book according to the New York Daily News.
"None of the cast I came up with saw this future for me," reveals Morgan in 'I Am the New Black,' out next Tuesday. "All I have to say about that is, where's Chris Kattan now? Where's Cheri Oteri now? That b---- can't even get arrested."
"I invited everyone to go down there one week," explains Morgan. "And Tina Fey, Rachel Dratch and a few others came along. I didn't tell any of them what they were in for, so it was all cool when we got there. ... Then these two girls came out onstage and started [engaging in sex acts], and that just shut it down. All the grips and crew guys from 'SNL' were standing around and loving it, but my castmates took one look at that, turned right around and rushed out of there."
Morgan felt misunderstood by the 'SNL' cast. "I had my finger on the pulse of urban comedy, but when I brought my act to 'SNL,' those mother--------- just felt bad for me," confides Morgan. But he does have praise for his '30 Rock' co-star, Tina Fey. "Tina wasn't scared to come into my world and find the funny up in there. She's that kind of cool," he writes.
Morgan also delves into the deeply personal. Coping with diabetes, being estranged from his mother and losing his father to AIDS.
Tracy Morgan, 40, was discovered performing stand-up comedy at Harlem's Apollo Theater and was a member of 'SNL' from 1996 to 2003. He was nominated for an Emmy Award for his work on '30 Rock' in 2009.
Michael N. Todaro, Getty Images
Jemal Countess, Getty Images
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Ethan Miller, Getty Images
Chung Sung-Jun, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lily Collins' Violet Elie Saab Dress Rules the Red Carpet in Rome: Swoon with Us Over the Elegant Gown
- Selena Gomez Reveals Relationship Advice From Taylor Swift, Says "She Never Judges Me For Anything"
- Nicki Minaj Reveals She Was Fired From Red Lobster for Chasing Customers Who Took Her Pen
- Leah Messer's ?Other Man' Speaks Out! Robbie Kidd Denies Affair With Married ?Teen Mom' Star
- Radar Told You First! Bethenny Frankel Will Officially Return To ?Real Housewives Of New York City'
- Not Quite Home-Free: ?RHONJ' Star Teresa Giudice Will Live In Halfway House After Prison Stint
- Pro wrestlers come and gone
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Ebola scare: What can NBC do to restore trust in medical editor Dr. Nancy Snyderman?
- North West Looks Adorable in Her Custom Sneakers With Her Name—See the Pic!
- Taylor Swift Talks New Single ''Welcome to New York,'' Says It's ''Very Sexist'' to Claim She Only Writes About Exes
- Julia Roberts: I Want My Kids to "Speak Out" For What They Believe In