Tracy Morgan Rips on 'SNL' Castmates
Come on Tracy. Tell us how you really feel. '30 Rock' star Tracy Morgan lambastes his old 'Saturday Night Live' castmates in his new book according to the New York Daily News.
"None of the cast I came up with saw this future for me," reveals Morgan in 'I Am the New Black,' out next Tuesday. "All I have to say about that is, where's Chris Kattan now? Where's Cheri Oteri now? That b---- can't even get arrested."
"I invited everyone to go down there one week," explains Morgan. "And Tina Fey, Rachel Dratch and a few others came along. I didn't tell any of them what they were in for, so it was all cool when we got there. ... Then these two girls came out onstage and started [engaging in sex acts], and that just shut it down. All the grips and crew guys from 'SNL' were standing around and loving it, but my castmates took one look at that, turned right around and rushed out of there."
Morgan felt misunderstood by the 'SNL' cast. "I had my finger on the pulse of urban comedy, but when I brought my act to 'SNL,' those mother--------- just felt bad for me," confides Morgan. But he does have praise for his '30 Rock' co-star, Tina Fey. "Tina wasn't scared to come into my world and find the funny up in there. She's that kind of cool," he writes.
Morgan also delves into the deeply personal. Coping with diabetes, being estranged from his mother and losing his father to AIDS.
Tracy Morgan, 40, was discovered performing stand-up comedy at Harlem's Apollo Theater and was a member of 'SNL' from 1996 to 2003. He was nominated for an Emmy Award for his work on '30 Rock' in 2009.
Michael N. Todaro, Getty Images
Jemal Countess, Getty Images
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Ethan Miller, Getty Images
Chung Sung-Jun, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jen Arnold Diagnosed With Rare Cancer: Little Couple Star Undergoing Surgery and Chemo
- Kelly Clarkson Talks Pregnancy Morning Sickness on Ellen: "I Vomit a Good Dozen Times a Day"
- Jennifer Lopez Files New Documents in Marc Anthony Divorce Two Years After Initial Split: Report
- Kirstie Alley Insists: ‘I Don’t Do Fillers Or Botox … You Don’t Know What It’s Gonna Do To You!’
- The Little Couple Heartbreak: Mom Jen Arnold Diagnosed With Cancer
- ‘Frantic Lunatic’ Bernie Madoff Called End-Of-Year Fraud On Clients ‘Schtupping,’ The Yiddish Term For ?
- Alec Baldwin returning to TV as a host on Jan. 6 for TCM special
- 'Little Couple' star Jen Arnold diagnosed with rare type of cancer
- Chris Tomlin: I'd go to jail to honor Christ