Unraveling the Mystery of Amber Rose
When Kanye West first started showing up at events earlier this year with Amber Rose (including the now-infamous VMAs), the gossip world was aflutter: Who was this statuesque woman with the blonde shaved 'do, the impossibly perfect body and a fashion sense that outmatched her beau? It seemed that the ultra-narcissistic, highly stylish rapper had met his match, futuristic shades for futuristic shades. But who is she? PopEater takes a look behind the baldie bad girl.
Her Wikipedia entry is sparse, but states that she is a "model, socialist, and former exotic dancer," so we'll start there.
She is a "model." Before she shaved her head Sinead O'Connor style, Rose seemed to favor long hair. However, we unearthed some pictures of her with her dark brown hair straightened, and worn curly. There's another photo of her with blonde, Marilyn Monroe-like tresses, that might have been the immediate precursor to her current shorn look. In her current incarnation, she's been in some lad-mag type shoots, like the one in Smooth magazine.
Amber Rose is bisexual. In a TMI interview with Angela Yee and Leah Rose on 'Lip Service,' pre-Kanye (embedded on the right), Rose explains that she is bisexual, gives a graphic example of what she likes to do, and says that she has real relationships with women. Curiously, she's more prudish under the covers than her extroverted and salacious image would indicate: She says she's never had a threesome, and hasn't done some other more adventurous things.
She doesn't have a stylist. Whether her style is "good" or "bad," she's certainly adventurous. Miss Rose favors tight leggings that show off her long curvy legs, avant garde sunglasses, pink lipstick, and flashes of shocking and bright colors. She recently got a lip piercing which would be very retro 1995 for most people, but seems fresh on her. Her style recalls Rihanna's latest forward-thinking looks, and she has claimed to have been the person to convince Rihanna -- who is her good friend -- to cut her locks.
She is part-Italian, part-Cape Verdean, part-Irish. Her unique look -- olive-toned skin, and light eyes (Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi might call her "tanned") -- has led people to speculate whether she is African American or of Latino-descent. She told Smooth mag: "It's definitely an interesting combination. People are never really able to guess what I am most of the time."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rod McKuen, mega-selling poet and performer, dies at 81
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Jim Parsons to play God in Broadway show
- Blythe Danner: Even I don't understand my daughter Gwyneth Paltrow
- Teresa Giudice's Life in Prison: Working Out and Dreaming of Spray Tans
- Human Ken Doll 2.0! Man Pays Over $265K to Reinvent Himself with Plastic Surgery
- Bruce Jenner Spotted Pouting in Public, and New Details About His Supposed Docu-Series
- Trista Sutter's Daughter Blakesley Reads Us Weekly, Looks in Awe of Desiree Hartsock, Chris Siegfried's Wedding Pics!
- Ryan Gosling Attempts His Best Australian Accent, Videobombs Russell Crowe While He's Presenting at the AACTA Awards -- Watch
- David Spade Spends $900K on Souped-Up Version of Joe Dirt Dodge Daytona Car, Says It's "Too Nice" to Drive!