'Dance' Judge Mary Murphy Recalls 9 Years of Abuse
Murphy, 51, alleges her unnamed ex would physically abuse her and then demand sex. She claims he raped her for the first time about three months into their marriage.
"I was like, 'Are you kidding me?! We're fighting here!' He said, 'You're my wife, and you'll do what I tell you!' I pulled out a kitchen knife and screamed, 'You're going to have to stab me, because I'm not having sex with you!' He knocked it out of my hands, held me down and raped me."
From then, a horrifying pattern of violence emerged, she claims.
"A fight, then rape, then presents: a dress, a diamond bracelet, earrings. In the first year or two, I'd fight back, but eventually, I'd just lie there. Get it over with, I thought. It'll be quick anyway."
The shocking account is being called "flat-out lies" by her ex-husband, whose name is currently being withheld. He is described as coming from a wealthy Middle Eastern family.
She walked around with "black eyes and bruises" for years, but she "never called the police or went to the hospital. I didn't want anybody to know."
In 1982, the TV judge says she suffered a miscarriage four months into a pregnancy. His response was to cast blame on her.
"My husband was disgusted, saying I murdered our baby, because I'd done some light dancing the night before. I was sinking deeper and deeper at that point, just reeling into despair."
After discovering he had proposed to another woman from the Middle East, in addition to having a second mistress in Germany, Murphy finally left the man in 1985.
When their divorce became finalized, she "never heard from him again."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Bachelor Season 19, Episode 4 Recap: One Girl Gets the Cinderella Treatment, While the Rest Get Down and Dirty
- Selma Director Ava DuVernay, Star David Oyelowo to Create Hurricane Katrina Drama
- Jamal Woolard, Federico Castelluccio Rally to Support Troubled Adolescents for Premiere of Short Film "Boys of Bate"
- Lawyers: Melissa Rivers files malpractice lawsuit in mother Joan's death
- Benedict Cumberbatch: I'm sorry for saying 'colored'
- Report: Emile Hirsch fights with female film exec
- Kim Kardashian's T-Mobile Super Bowl Commercial Hits the Internet—Watch Now!
- Bill Cosby Sexual Assault Allegations Continue: Former Hollywood Executive Says Comedian Took Advantage of Her 36 Years Ago
- Mission: Impossible 5 Release Date Moved Up: Find Out When You Can See Tom Cruise's Next Film!