Gosselins Irate Over E-Mail Claims
The uproar started when Stephanie Santoro, an ex-babysitter who recently claimed she had a sexual affair with Jon, gave an interview to RadarOnline. During the interview, a smiling Santoro said that "Jon told me that he pretty much hacked into everything of Kate's that he had access to."
Both Gosselins have reacted to the allegations, but in different ways.
Jon immediately denied the claims via his lawyer, Mark Heller. Responding to the allegations, Heller told PEOPLE Jon "unequivocally told me that he's never illegally invaded Kate's electronic privacy in any way." He goes on to say that the father of eight finds it "disappointing that Kate would give credence to an uncorroborated statement made by an individual who clearly has a motivation to tell stories about Jon that might result in financial [compensation]."
Kate, on the other hand, is taking the claims seriously, and her law firm released a statement saying she is "disturbed" by the news and "is carefully considering all of her legal options."
The allegations come after Jon was forced to return $180,000 of the couple's money following a court hearing on Monday. A judge ruled that he illegally withdrew the funds from their joint account following the couple's split.
After announcing their split in September, Lavigne has officially filed for divorce to end her three year marriage to the Sum 41 rocker.
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ashton Kutcher, Pregnant Mila Kunis Visit New Orleans Brewery: Picture
- Khloe Kardashian, New Boyfriend French Montana Spotted Out on a Date: Picture
- Kate Middleton vs. Naomi Watts: Who Wore the White Eyelet Dress Best?
- Acting For The Court? Oscar Pistorius Accused Of Taking Drama Lessons Before His Trial
- Jenelle Evans Picks Her Baby Daddy Up From Jail After He Gets Early Release
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Tori admits hasn't had sex with Dean since scandal broke
- Man given suspended jail sentence for stealing Peter Frampton's luggage
- Neil Patrick Harris Curses at Fan During Hedwig and the Angry Inch Broadway Performance
- Easter Celebrations: Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and More!
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Arrive in Los Angeles After Trip to Louisiana—See the Actress' Baby Bump!