Gosselins Irate Over E-Mail Claims
The uproar started when Stephanie Santoro, an ex-babysitter who recently claimed she had a sexual affair with Jon, gave an interview to RadarOnline. During the interview, a smiling Santoro said that "Jon told me that he pretty much hacked into everything of Kate's that he had access to."
Both Gosselins have reacted to the allegations, but in different ways.
Jon immediately denied the claims via his lawyer, Mark Heller. Responding to the allegations, Heller told PEOPLE Jon "unequivocally told me that he's never illegally invaded Kate's electronic privacy in any way." He goes on to say that the father of eight finds it "disappointing that Kate would give credence to an uncorroborated statement made by an individual who clearly has a motivation to tell stories about Jon that might result in financial [compensation]."
Kate, on the other hand, is taking the claims seriously, and her law firm released a statement saying she is "disturbed" by the news and "is carefully considering all of her legal options."
The allegations come after Jon was forced to return $180,000 of the couple's money following a court hearing on Monday. A judge ruled that he illegally withdrew the funds from their joint account following the couple's split.
After announcing their split in September, Lavigne has officially filed for divorce to end her three year marriage to the Sum 41 rocker.
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Crush Talks Selena Gomez's Diss, Kissing the Superstar
- Paul Walker's Cause of Death Released, Late Actor Secretly Bought Couple's $10,000 Engagement Ring: Wednesday's Top Stories
- Paul Walker Tribute: Fast and the Furious Films Show the Actor's Best Moments
- 'Fast and Furious 7' could be canceled after Paul Walker's death
- Break Time: Rebecca Black regrets viral video 'Friday'?!
- Henry Cavill beats out other hunks as Glamour's sexiest man: Who's really the sexiest man of 2013?
- Kellie Pickler Asks Bethenny Frankel What the Mile High Club Is, Talks About How She and Hubby Keep Things "Spicy"
- Paul Walker's Dad Reveals Eerie Last Conversation With His Son: I Told Him "Promise Me, No More Daredevil Stuff"
- American Horror Story Coven's Decapitation Dilemma, Arrow's Flashy Debut and More OMG TV Moments!