Melissa Rycroft of 'Bachelor' Fame Has the Swine Flu
"I am indeed recovering from a bout of the H1N1 flu virus," Rycrof, 26, tells Usmagazine.com. "Like most people who become infected, I thought I had a mild case of the common flu, but when my symptoms exacerbated, I immediately went to the hospital where I was diagnosed with H1N1 and given the proper medications to cure the infection."
The former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader wants people to know "how easy it is to battle this flu when you take the proper steps such as seeking the care of a doctor."
Rycroft appeared on season 13 of 'The Bachelor' and was proposed to by the show's star, Jason Mesnick. But on a wrap-up episode, Mesnick rescinded the proposal and instead chose the runner-up, Molly Malaney.
In May, Rycroft finished third on 'Dancing With the Stars.'
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
Dominique Charriau, WireImage
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Farrah Abraham Wears Demure White Dress, Developing New Reality Show
- Kim Kardashian Sent Ballerina "Music Box" Baby Shower Invitations to Beyonce and Fergie
- Darius Rucker Slams Racist Tweet: "Is This 2013 or 1913?"
- Cannes Film Festival: The best and worst dressed
- Marilyn Monroe photos stolen ahead of Prague exhibition
- Helen Mirren dresses like Queen Elizabeth, grants sick child's wish to meet royality